Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Size of tablespaces for an AE Database

Posted Apr 27, 2018 05:30 AM

Hi all, I would like to know how much size should be given for both tablespaces while setting up AE database. On what basis, this size depends upon? I have given 1GB and 512MB for UC4_DATA ,UC4_INDEX respectively.

Regards, Srujan.

• 2.  Re: Size of tablespaces for an AE Database

Posted Apr 30, 2018 05:18 AM

What database? Oracle? MS SQL? DB2?

Afaik, Automic does not specify a size for the tablespaces. Again, the more, the better. This page claims that 1 GB and 512M is barely dimensioned for a testing system, so you probably want more. How much more depends on your expected usage. The sizing guidelines say 512 GB to 2 TB for the DB, I personally think that's a bit excessive, but that is probably as close to an official recommendation as it gets. Most of that will be for UC4_DATA, with a fraction for UC4_INDEX.

Since you said in another thread that you already have a 12.1 production system, maybe some guideline on required storage can also be taken from there? Also, if your chosen DB system lets you expand table spaces later, you can always expand (though possibly with a downtime).

Hth,

• 3.  Re: Size of tablespaces for an AE Database

Posted Apr 30, 2018 05:23 AM

Also, for what it's worth, we use roughly 80 GB for UC4_DATA and 16 GB for UC4_INDEX at this time, with a system I would characterize as "medium busy". It all depends on your individual usage, and for that reason I believe Automic will always err on the side of "too much". Or possibly "way, waaaay too much".

But 1024/512 is definetly too little.

• 4.  Re: Size of tablespaces for an AE Database

Posted Apr 30, 2018 05:29 AM

Hi Carsten_Schmitz

Thanks for the info. We are using Oracle DB. I am new to Database side so please clarify is it possible to increase data file size of both tablespaces whenever we observe downtime.

Thanks,

Srujan.

• 5.  Re: Size of tablespaces for an AE Database

Posted Apr 30, 2018 05:33 AM