Service Virtualization

• 1.  RR Pair clarification

Posted Apr 27, 2018 11:57 AM

Hi,

I am having one request and three response files, while loading 4 files(which is 1 request and 3 response) in RR pairs its displays one request and one response under "collection transactions" but I am expecting that one request and three different responses.

is it possible to access that same request will communicate three different response?

• 2.  Re: RR Pair clarification

Posted Apr 30, 2018 12:40 AM

Yes, its very much possible.

There is a naming convention in CA DevTest for Virtual services.

To create a VS using RR pair your request name should end with "-req" and response as "-rsp" .For example, request can be named as "request-req.xml" and response as "response-rsp.xml".

If you wish to have multiple responses for a single request then response names should end with "-rsp", "-rsp2","-rsp3" etc.For example a request can be named as "request-req.xml" and responses as "response-rsp.xml", "response-rsp2.xml", "response-rsp3.xml" and so on.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Viraj

• 3.  Re: RR Pair clarification
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 30, 2018 03:01 AM

Just to correct your typos ... it's:

<uniqueRequestName>-req.<extension> and <uniqueRequestName>-rsp.<extension>

DevTest matches responses to requests by using <uniqueRequestName> so you don't have files literally named "request" and "response".

You might have these files:

myTransaction1-req.txt

myTransaction1-rsp.txt

myTransaction2-req.xml

myTransaction2-rsp1.xml

myTransaction2-rsp2.xml

• 4.  Re: RR Pair clarification

Posted Apr 30, 2018 08:24 AM

Hi Rick,

Yes, I have uploaded same way and I can see one request and three response under "collect transactions" but after execution I can see only one transaction count(one request and response) on report and monitor window. as per execution expecting three transaction response.

Kindly help me where I made mistake and why its showing only one transaction count.

how I can see three response result.