Rally Software

• 1.  Project admins at parent and it's children

Posted Apr 27, 2018 01:47 PM

I just got a question from my team that, How can we pull a report of all project admins under parent which have 149 projects. Thye asked me for the all the project admins at the parent level and it's subproject level.

I filtered it by keeping the user department and Role. But it only provided the report fo the project admin by the department and it did not show in how many projects they are the admins or Project admins list for each project.

Just to see if anyone of you went through this use case.

Please let me know.

~Raghu 

• 2.  Re: Project admins at parent and it's children
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 27, 2018 05:30 PM

We have a similar use case come up pretty often.  We wanted users to be able to find out who their Project Admins were without having to come to us.  Last time I looked into this you can't create a report for other user's to consume since they don't have access to query for the access of other users higher than the access they have (from what I recall).

I ended up writing a small job that dumps our hierarchy (1767 Projects) to a table in Confluence every night where user's could lookup (Ctrl+F) their Project Admins.

• 3.  Re: Project admins at parent and it's children

Posted Apr 27, 2018 05:37 PM

I second that, also a similar situation for us. What we're currently doing is using the CA Agile Central Add-in for Excel. Then we export data from CA Agile Central. Check this out:

CA Agile Central Add-in for Excel Installation & User Guide | CA Agile Central Help 

• 4.  Re: Project admins at parent and it's children

Posted Apr 30, 2018 09:43 AM

Thank you for the tip. I remember I used the Excel add-in but that is for a different purpose. Let me try this report as well.

• 5.  Re: Project admins at parent and it's children

Posted Apr 30, 2018 02:27 PM

Hi , 

I tried the excel add-in and put the below query. But it did not give me the result for all the users even though the connected user has workspace admin privileges. Appreciate any help here.

Results

Query

• 6.  Re: Project admins at parent and it's children

Posted Apr 30, 2018 03:14 PM

Is your limit of 2000 restricting the result set?  Maybe set it a lot higher? (e.g. 99999999 )

Alternatively, try setting a filter to just admins:

( Role = "Admin" )

• 7.  Re: Project admins at parent and it's children

Posted Apr 30, 2018 04:11 PM

Unfortunately, the Filter option is not working in excel add in if I put the filter condition. Even I am fine with out folter.. I can do that filter later in excel sheet.

• 8.  Re: Project admins at parent and it's children

Posted Apr 30, 2018 03:40 PM

What is the project level set to?  Make sure the Project is set to the top of the hierarchy to get all the children projects included.

• 9.  Re: Project admins at parent and it's children

Posted Apr 30, 2018 04:10 PM

We set the highest project level and we are getting the results for the same user who exists in multiple projects with a different role. Like testuser1 exists in 1042 projects in one workspace with multiple roles. The query resulted in 1042 rows with different roles for test user1.

How to make it for multiple users?