Agile Requirements Designer

• 1.  What are CA's ARD Flow recommendations for test automation and role-based testing?

Posted Apr 27, 2018 12:48 PM

These questions are for CA:

What is CA's recommendation regarding ARD flow creation for automation? 

What is CA's recommendation on Role based ARD Flow creation? 

Here are some guidelines that we are trying to implement at my workplace; we would like to incorporate CA's recommendations and finalize our guidelines:

• Fundamental tests that exercise the base functionality of the application would lend themselves to automation because these tests would need to be executed as part of regression testing whenever the application undergoes code change for bug fixes, enhancements, or new versions of the software;
    • These tests need sufficient detail in the test steps and expected results so that automation code can be written around them without ambiguity;
    • These tests should be divided into well-defined units of action before they are automated so that the automated tests can be easily aggregated into different test suites that accomplish specific regression testing goals for the application;
    • User roles and their access to different parts of the application would lend themselves to test cases separate from those that exercise functionality resulting in functional test cases that are simpler to generate and automate.

Thanks,

Venkatesh

• 2.  Re: What are CA's ARD Flow recommendations for test automation and role-based testing?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 25, 2018 01:43 PM

Hi Venkatesh,

Sorry, this has gone unanswered for so long.

Can you elaborate on your first question some more please:

"What is CA's recommendation regarding ARD flow creation for automation?"

• 3.  Re: What are CA's ARD Flow recommendations for test automation and role-based testing?
    Best Answer

Posted May 26, 2018 07:35 AM

Hi, Ryan:

The process that I have outlined in my original question has been working well for us so far, so that is what we are following now at my workplace.  We have a base regression test suite that is automated and now we are adding automation to new functional tests.  You may close this thread.

Thank you.

Venkatesh