AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  A Workload Automation AE passes a numeric code , i need all the possible numeric code

Posted Apr 30, 2018 02:57 AM

Hi,

I was about to make some script and need all the possible numeric code available which is passed by CA Workload Automation AE.

Link I am using is : Set Alarm Notifications - CA Workload Automation AE & Workload Control Center - CA Technologies Documentation 

Example: Call the /usr/local/bin/pager Program when the Scheduler Shuts Down

Suppose that you want CA Workload Automation AE to call the program /usr/local/bin/pager when the scheduler shuts down. Copy the sample notification file from $AUTOSYS/install/data/notify.ACE to the $AUTOUSER/notify.$AUTOSERV directory and modify the EP_SHUTDOWN line in the notification file as follows:

EP_SHUTDOWN /usr/local/bin/pager

If the scheduler shuts down, CA Workload Automation AE passes a numeric code and a text message to the pager program. Code the pager program to accept these parameters.

• 2.  Re: A Workload Automation AE passes a numeric code , i need all the possible numeric code

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 30, 2018 10:00 AM

Moving this thread to Workload Auto community

_R

• 3.  Re: A Workload Automation AE passes a numeric code , i need all the possible numeric code

Posted Apr 30, 2018 10:14 AM

??

It always passes $1 $2

The codes you are looking for are in intcodes.

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

• 4.  Re: A Workload Automation AE passes a numeric code , i need all the possible numeric code

Posted Apr 30, 2018 11:50 PM

Thanks Steve, Yes I am looking for the all the possible int codes which $1 gets.

As of now I had made different scripts to notify.

notify_db_roll
    notify_as
    notify_db_prob
    notify_ep_roll
    notify_ep_shut
    notify_ep_high

If get the possible into code for specific ALERT then I shall put all together under one roof using case.

• 5.  Re: A Workload Automation AE passes a numeric code , i need all the possible numeric code

Posted May 01, 2018 09:30 AM

Caveat: notify doesn’t ALWAYS catch. And i made a very generic catch., to email the team with $1 and $2 (which contains the words)

Good luck.

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

• 6.  Re: A Workload Automation AE passes a numeric code , i need all the possible numeric code

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 02, 2018 02:23 AM

Hi,

The Alarm codes mentioned in the link below might help?

https://docops.ca.com/ca-workload-automation-ae/11-4-2/en/reference/ae-system-states/alarms 

Regards,

Kishore Kumar Udathaneni

• 7.  Re: A Workload Automation AE passes a numeric code , i need all the possible numeric code

Posted May 04, 2018 02:56 AM

ujo_intcodes

• 8.  Re: A Workload Automation AE passes a numeric code , i need all the possible numeric code
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 02, 2018 09:52 PM

The numeric code ($1) is the internal intcode representing the alarm that generated the notification. There are 6 possible codes from the notify feature, one for each of the 6 possible alarms. They are...

545 = APP_SERVER_SHUTDOWN
    523 = DB_PROBLEM
    519 = DB_ROLLOVER
    522 = EP_HIGH_AVAIL
    520 = EP_ROLLOVER
    521 = EP_SHUTDOWN

• 9.  Re: A Workload Automation AE passes a numeric code , i need all the possible numeric code

Posted May 03, 2018 12:09 AM

Awesome Scott, that's what I was looking for.  Really appreciate your help!
    I shall be good now and thanks again!

Regards,

Haider