Plex 2E

Expand all | Collapse all

2E 8.7 PTF ready?

• 1.  2E 8.7 PTF ready?

Posted Apr 29, 2018 07:16 PM

Is the 8.7 cumulative PTF tested and ready?  There was a roll up planned for Q1-2 2018.

Cheers

Lee.

• 2.  Re: 2E 8.7 PTF ready?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 01, 2018 09:49 AM

Hi Lee, 

The 2E 8.7 Cumulative PTF is not yet available and is currently in QA testing.  I will see if I can get an estimate as to when it will be available.  I will post that information, if available.  

Thanks!

Steve 

• 3.  Re: 2E 8.7 PTF ready?

Posted May 01, 2018 06:54 PM

Thanks Steve.

We are currently planning an upgrade to 8.7 from 8.6 and I would prefer to not do two upgrades in quick succession.  If you can give me a ballpark i.e. Q2, Q3 etc then we can decide when to proceed.

Thanks

Lee.

• 4.  Re: 2E 8.7 PTF ready?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 04, 2018 10:13 AM

Lee, 

I can provide an estimate, but understand this is only an estimate.  We estimate the 8.7 Cumulative PTF to be available by end of 2Q18...So June time frame.  As stated it is in QA testing at this time.  

Thank You

Steve  

• 5.  Re: 2E 8.7 PTF ready?

Posted May 08, 2018 06:03 PM

Thanks Steve.

We will make our plans around an early Q3 implementation.

Thanks

Lee.

• 6.  Re: 2E 8.7 PTF ready?

Posted Jun 29, 2018 02:38 AM

Hi Steve.

I was just wondering if June is still a possibility?  No drama's if its not.

Many Thanks

Lee.

• 7.  Re: 2E 8.7 PTF ready?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 05, 2018 11:37 AM

Hi Lee, 

I have been out-of-office the last few days and missed your question on 6/29.  The 2E 8.7 Cumulative PTF is not yet available but is getting close.   Reference the 2E Communities Webcast on 7/11, the 2E PTF will be discussed as part of that webcast.   

Thank You 

Steve 

• 8.  Re: 2E 8.7 PTF ready?

Posted Aug 01, 2018 04:08 AM

Hello Steve,

Could you please give us an update on the 2E 8.7 Cum PTF A’s roll out status ? From the webcast replay, I understood end of July for 2E 8.7 and one month later, end of August for Plex 7.2.1 Cum PTF 003, respectively.

Thank you and best regards

Anette-Nicole

• 9.  Re: 2E 8.7 PTF ready?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 01, 2018 10:58 AM

Hi Anette-Nicole, 

I discussed with our 2E Team this morning, in order to get a status on the 2E 8.7 Cum PTF.  The current estimate is to release the PTF for customer availability by the end of August.  The team ran into some unforeseen issues during testing but appear to be past those specific issues.  This is a high priority requirement and has the full attention of the 2E Team.   I hope this helps, and I will continue to monitor the progress of the PTF release.

Thank You 

Steve 

• 10.  Re: 2E 8.7 PTF ready?

Posted Aug 28, 2018 08:55 PM

Thanks for this update Steve.

Can you please reply on this thread when the PTF is available.

Many Thanks

Lee.

• 11.  Re: 2E 8.7 PTF ready?

Posted Oct 01, 2018 07:21 PM

Hi steve

Any news on this as we are waiting for the PTF?

we are needing to upgrade before year end and would prefer a hop to PTF 2 rather than two stages.

Please advise!

lee

• 12.  Re: 2E 8.7 PTF ready?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 02, 2018 12:06 PM

Hi Lee, 

I just attended the "CA 2E (SYNON) and CA Plex Community Webcast" today (10 am CDT on 10/2) and Chirag Dave (CA 2E/Plex Product Manager) provided a status during this webcast.  He noted that the latest date for the 2E cum PTF A is set for end of October.   It was also noted that this PTF contains 50+ fixes.   The Webcast was recorded and should be available for review on the CA 2E/Plex Communities pages later this week. 

Thank You!

Steve

• 13.  Re: 2E 8.7 PTF ready?

Posted Oct 02, 2018 05:58 PM

Thanks Steve for the update.

We want to go 8.7 before the year end but the 50+ fixes in PTF A are of interest/concern.  Can we somehow get hold of the fix list for PTF A so that I can evaluate whether we should push on now to 8.7 (base) or hold off?  Our other option is to carry on on 8.6 and risk the out of support issues.

Thanks

Lee.

• 14.  Re: 2E 8.7 PTF ready?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 03, 2018 02:00 AM

Hi Lee,

I see you have opened a case for this question. I'll check into it and get back to you

keith

• 15.  Re: 2E 8.7 PTF ready?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 03, 2018 11:37 AM

Hi Lee,

As I replied in your case, the list of fixes included in the CA 2E 8.7 cumulative PTF will be available once the PTF is released. 

Thanks Keith

• 16.  Re: 2E 8.7 PTF ready?

Posted Nov 05, 2018 04:16 AM

Hello Steve,

Could you give us a new update on the status, please ? Also, the Webcast is still not available. (See additional thread opened by another member of this Forum. Could you please check with your colleagues ?)

Thank you and best regards

Anette-Nicole

• 17.  Re: 2E 8.7 PTF ready?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2018 05:11 AM

Hi Lee,

We are in final stage of testing the CA 2E 8.7 Cumulative PTF.

If everything goes fine, we would publish the PTF by end of next week (16 Nov).

Thank you,

Vijay