Service Virtualization

• 1.  Export Virtual Services from Portal

Posted Apr 30, 2018 12:16 PM

Hi All,

Is there a way to export all the Virtual Service details (in .xls, .csv or other) from Portal VSE?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks,

John

• 2.  Re: Export Virtual Services from Portal
    Best Answer

Posted May 02, 2018 08:53 AM

Not that I can think of, off the top of my head. We do, however, have a command line tool that will show you the information that you want - VSEManager

The command

VSEmanager -u <user> -p <password> --registry <registry_name> --vse <VSE_name> --status all

Will list all the virtual services. With some manipulation this may meet your need

• 3.  Re: Export Virtual Services from Portal

Posted May 02, 2018 11:29 AM

Thanks Dave, have additional question,

1) Should I enter this command in cmd prompt?

2) What should I give in VSE_name? my individual service name?

• 4.  Re: Export Virtual Services from Portal

Posted May 02, 2018 11:41 AM

Hi John,

Yes, it is a command line tool that you will need to type at a command or shell prompt. The executable itself lives in the bin sub-directory of the DevTest installation.

The VSE_name is the name of the VSE itself - by default VSE

Should you wish to get a specific virtual service then you can: instead of  --status all you could do --status vs_name

More information, should you want it, here VSE Manager Command - Manage Virtual Service Environments - DevTest Solutions - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 5.  Re: Export Virtual Services from Portal

Posted May 02, 2018 11:55 AM

Hi Dave,

Below is the resultant I got after running the command. Something missing here?

Locale: en_CA
    Setting System.out and System.err to: Cp1252
    LISA_HOME set to C:\DevTest\
    DevTest temporary directory is C:\Users\cb49\lisatmp_10.0.0
    Configuring logging from 'C:\DevTest\logging.properties'
    DevTest Solutions, Copyright (c) 2002-2018 CA, All rights reserved.
    DevTest Virtual Service Environment Manager - The Command Line Tool for Managing
    VSEs.
    DevTest Solutions Version :: 10.0.0 (10.0.0.431)
    Installed patches: none

• 6.  Re: Export Virtual Services from Portal

Posted May 02, 2018 01:16 PM

This is the partial and initial output of the command. The remainder is likely missing, because some of the input parameter were incorrect, preventing the command to connect to the local or remote registry service. 

On my system, when I call 

VSEManager -u admin -p admin --registry tcp://<registry_server>:2010/Registry --status all

(all default settings, registry_server is a remote system) I get 

VSEManager output

Note: Your DevTest version 10.0.0 is about 18 months old. I recommend to upgrade to the latest release.

• 7.  Re: Export Virtual Services from Portal

Posted May 02, 2018 01:43 PM

This time, I'm getting an exception

Locale: en_CA
    Setting System.out and System.err to: Cp1252
    LISA_HOME set to C:\DevTest\
    DevTest temporary directory is C:\Users\admin\lisatmp_10.0.0
    Configuring logging from 'C:\DevTest\logging.properties'
    DevTest Solutions, Copyright (c) 2002-2018 CA, All rights reserved.
    DevTest Virtual Service Environment Manager - The Command Line Tool for Managing
    VSEs.
    DevTest Solutions Version :: 10.0.0 (10.0.0.431)
    Installed patches: none

Generated rules from C:\DevTest\rules.xml
    ERROR: An error occurred processing specified arguments.

Use --help for help.
    java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
    at java.net.TwoStacksPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
    at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:350)
    at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206)
    at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:172)
    at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
    at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:589)
    at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:538)
    at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:434)
    at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:211)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.Connection.createSocket(Connection.java:363)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:203)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapClient.<init>(LdapClient.java:137)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapClientFactory.createPooledConnection(LdapClientFactory.java:64)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.pool.Connections.<init>(Connections.java:115)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.pool.Pool.getPooledConnection(Pool.java:132)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapPoolManager.getLdapClient(LdapPoolManager.java:329)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapClient.getInstance(LdapClient.java:1606)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.connect(LdapCtx.java:2746)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.<init>(LdapCtx.java:319)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getUsingURL(LdapCtxFactory.java:192)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getUsingURLs(LdapCtxFactory.java:210)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getLdapCtxInstance(LdapCtxFactory.java:153)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getInitialContext(LdapCtxFactory.java:83)
    at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:684)
    at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:313)
    at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:244)
    at javax.naming.ldap.InitialLdapContext.<init>(InitialLdapContext.java:154)
    at org.springframework.ldap.core.support.LdapContextSource.getDirContextInstance(LdapContextSource.java:42)
    at org.springframework.ldap.core.support.AbstractContextSource.createContext(AbstractContextSource.java:344)
    at org.springframework.ldap.core.support.AbstractContextSource.doGetContext(AbstractContextSource.java:140)
    at org.springframework.ldap.core.support.AbstractContextSource.getReadOnlyContext(AbstractContextSource.java:159)
    at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.executeReadOnly(LdapTemplate.java:802)
    at org.springframework.security.ldap.SpringSecurityLdapTemplate.retrieveEntry(SpringSecurityLdapTemplate.java:137)
    at com.ca.dts.security.authentication.internal.LdapBindAuthenticator.authenticate(LdapBindAuthenticator.java:94)
    at org.springframework.security.ldap.authentication.LdapAuthenticationProvider.doAuthentication(LdapAuthenticationProvider.java:187)
    at com.ca.dts.security.authentication.internal.DevTestLdapAuthenticationProvider.doAuthentication(DevTestLdapAuthenticationProvider.java:258)
    at org.springframework.security.ldap.authentication.AbstractLdapAuthenticationProvider.authenticate(AbstractLdapAuthenticationProvider.java:85)
    at org.springframework.security.authentication.ProviderManager.authenticate(ProviderManager.java:174)
    at com.itko.lisa.test.LisaSecurityManager.authenticate(LisaSecurityManager.java:754)
    at com.itko.lisa.test.LisaSecurityManager.authenticate(LisaSecurityManager.java:713)
    at com.itko.lisa.coordinator.TestRegistryImpl.authenticate(TestRegistryImpl.java:2322)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1681.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at com.itko.lisa.net.RemoteMethodExec.execute(RemoteMethodExec.java:57)
    at com.itko.lisa.net.ServerRequestHandler.processRMIMessage(ServerRequestHandler.java:434)
    at com.itko.lisa.net.ServerRequestHandler.access$300(ServerRequestHandler.java:67)
    at com.itko.lisa.net.ServerRequestHandler$4.run(ServerRequestHandler.java:357)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

• 8.  Re: Export Virtual Services from Portal

Posted May 03, 2018 06:43 AM

It is probably what the exceptions says: the attempt to connect to the registry service expires and VSEManager cannot connect to the DevTest Registry service: This error can have multiple reasons: Either

• the registry_server name is wrong, or
    • the port number is false (or blocked by firewall) or
    • the Registry name ('../Registry') is different, or

I recommend executing the command locally on the system where the Registry Service is running. Then you do not need to specify the registry server and can execute the command without it as 

VSEManager -u admin -p admin --status all

(assuming you have not changed the default password for DevTest user admin), and get the same results as above.

• 9.  Re: Export Virtual Services from Portal

Posted May 03, 2018 01:54 PM

Thank you, Ulrich.

I ran the command in the server machine and got the details

Thank you,

John