Symantec Access Management

• 1.  Unable to Log into SM Admin UI

Posted Apr 30, 2018 12:16 PM

I get the login page when i navigate to the SM WAM UI URL, but when i enter the siteminder creds and click submit, it just brings me back to the login page and empties the userid/pw fields.  I know the creds are correct because If i enter incorrect creds, i get an 'invalid credential error'.

There were no issues with installing the prereq or admin ui installers.  I also ran smreg and xpsclientreg.  The only line i see in the logs when i try to log in is: '[DEBUG] com.ca.siteminder.directory.AdminPartition [] - Creating entry uid=siteminder,ou=Administrators,ou=Siteminder...'  Policy store is SQL Server.

• 2.  Re: Unable to Log into SM Admin UI

Posted May 04, 2018 01:31 PM

Have you been able to login to the WAMUI previously or this a new install?

Either way, here is something you can try:
    1 - Shutdown the WAMUI
    2 - Delete the siteminder/adminui/server/default/data directory
    3 - Run smreg -su PASSWORD
    4 - Run XPSRegClient siteminder -adminui-setup
    5 - Start the WAMUI
    6 - Retry logging into the WAMUI web interface

Here is a link to a CA Knowledge Base article which has more details/instructions:
    https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/reset-the-ca-siteminder-r125-administrative-ui-manually/kb000032458

• 3.  Re: Unable to Log into SM Admin UI

Posted May 04, 2018 01:34 PM

Can you try to re-register once with the help of below KB :

Steps to Re-register Admin UI - CA Knowledge 

• 4.  Re: Unable to Log into SM Admin UI

Posted May 04, 2018 11:33 PM

• 5.  Re: Unable to Log into SM Admin UI

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2018 02:10 PM

what you see in server.log file? is IAM loading sequence (around 36 I guess) successful? Sometimes policy server takes time reading policy store and if WAM UI service is brought up during that time, Policy server will not serve request. 

1) Wait for policy server to be ready (it will show message in smps.log that it is ready)

2) Stop WAM UI service completely

3) Start WAM UI server and watch server.log. When you see message all startup sequences are completed, try to login. If that does not work, you might want to enable access logs and post server.log for further troubleshooting.

• 6.  RE: Re: Unable to Log into SM Admin UI

Posted Mar 16, 2020 07:06 PM
    Hello All,

Does issue resolved? Please let me know if this issue is resolved. I ran into same issue​

Thanks,
    Sneha