Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Issue with OTK Grant type assertion

Posted May 02, 2018 12:13 AM

HI Team,

I have configured the stand alone gateway with external database.For that we have service which validates JWT and produces token.For this purpose we used "OTK grant type assertion" for validating grant type.Everything was working fine.yesterday I have setup a cluster.So now the two node point to single database.All the services are working fine.And the token generation service is throwing error.The error is "OTK grant type invalid assertion" i am getting this error  after cluster configuration.But here I am observing different behavior of gateway.

1) when we test this service with Soap Ui it is working fine.

2)When we test same service through the mobile app it is throwing error invalid assertion.

3)The weird thing here is when testing with mobile app,If I switch on service debugger and put a break point before the assertion I am not getting this error.

Does anyone observed this type of behavior on gateway.

• 2.  Re: Issue with OTK Grant type assertion

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 30, 2019 01:07 PM

Hi Pradeep,

Can't say that I have seen that behavior before. If I am understanding correctly, you have two Gateway nodes pointing to a single DB. When utilizing the "OTK Validate Grant Type" assertion it fails with the below, is that right?

{
    "error":"unsupported_grant_type",
    "error_description":"The given grant_type is not supported"
    }

Is this a custom grant type you are using? If you audit the payload coming into the token endpoint, do you see any differences in the request? You are welcome to post the details of the request here but please be mindful of any sensitive data it may contain.

Regards,

Joe