Service Virtualization

• 1.  RR Pair configuration clarification

Posted May 02, 2018 10:47 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I uploaded one request and three response under "collect transactions" (in RR pair) but after execution I can see only one transaction count(one request and one response) on report and monitor window. as per execution expecting three transaction response.

Kindly help me where I made mistake in configuration and why its showing only one transaction count on result.

Is that It won't communicate one request with three different response? if its communicating one to three then why it shows only one count on result.

how I can see three response count.

Please see under response its shows 3 different response. but in configuration its shows only one

Attachment(s)

zip
    Sam.zip   21 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: RR Pair configuration clarification

Posted May 02, 2018 11:10 AM

Can you please post the RR pair files to this thread (zipped). 

• 3.  Re: RR Pair configuration clarification

Posted May 02, 2018 12:24 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Ulrich,

Please find attached zip file

Method: Get

uri:  http://jsonplaceholder.typicode.com/posts

Attachment(s)

zip
    Sam.zip   21 KB 1 version

• 4.  Re: RR Pair configuration clarification
    Best Answer

Posted May 03, 2018 06:25 AM

Data Protocol Handlers (DPH) are used to configure request arguments from payload or from attributes of the request to meet the matching criteria in the VS. SV attempts to determine automatically the required DPH based on the request information. This pane in the wizard is for you to verify the correct DPH selection and configuration. I have used your RR pairs to create a virtual service successfully using the predetermined DPH, and created a baseline test from this VS that successfully tested this virtual service.

In summary: For your set of RR pairs, you can accept the preselected DPH and the other default settings and just move on to the next wizard panes to complete the VS creation.

I recommend to work through the guides (walkthrus) that explain how to use the SV Portal and also give some background information. There is a walkthru called 'Create VS from RR Pairs' that handles your use case.

• 5.  Re: RR Pair configuration clarification

Posted May 08, 2018 04:34 AM

Hi Ulrich,

Using Test Drive have created RR Pairs and Record Live traffics. but i am not able to create project, test case, test step, assertion, filter and properties and all.

Is it that test drive does not supports for the options?

Kindly help me to undersand.

• 6.  Re: RR Pair configuration clarification

Posted May 08, 2018 06:22 AM

Hello Kasina,

First, my congratulation that you have created virtual services successfully from RR pairs and by Recording using the DevTest Portal.This is what we intended SV Test Drive users to achieve. 

SV Test Drive is targeted to new users and provides guidance to understand the basics of Service Virtualization. It grants access to the product's web UI, the DevTest Portal. In this Web UI you can create projects (see guided tour 'Practice - Portal Introduction'). However, features of it's sibling product 'Application Test', such as creating test cases from scratch, adding assertions, filters and others are not supported by DevTest Portal, but by DevTest's fat client called 'Workstation', which is not part of the SV Test Drive trial, unfortunately. Using the Portal, you can create Baseline tests from virtual services automatically (see tour 'Assist - Validate VS by Baseline Test'), and execute them (see 'Assist - Run Baseline Test'). Those baseline tests will have assertions that are created automatically.

If you want to take the next step and to leverage DevTest Workstation, I recommend contacting the CA customer team using the  'Garage' button on the SV Test Drives's landing page. This team will discuss the best options for you to proceed. Among those options are using a full SV installation in AWS (SV on Amazon AWS) or Microsoft Azure (SV on Microsoft Azure), for which you need to bring your own license (BYOL), which could be a temporary one. 

To learn about test cases and how to create them using DevTest Workstation, I recommend following the CA Application Test Tutorials.

Hope that helps.