Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Creating a dynamic VARA.FILELIST - AE12.0.4 Version

Posted May 02, 2018 10:54 AM

Hi All

I have a scenario where a job has to process a list of files,(catch-up processing). I was able to read a VARA.FILELIST and submit multiple jobs at the same time with different input files.

But I have a list of jobs and they have their own list of files, so instead of creating a filelist for each job, I want to create the VARA once, with the same HOST and LOGIN and use it for different jobs.(the directory will keep changing).

Can we create the VARA.FILELIST through a script, and keep updating it?

Thank you!

• 2.  Re: Creating a dynamic VARA.FILELIST - AE12.0.4 Version
    Best Answer

Posted May 02, 2018 11:37 AM

You can put a variable name inside of the Directory option, such as "&MYDIR#", and populate this variable right before running your PREP_PROCESS_VAR() function.

• 3.  Re: Creating a dynamic VARA.FILELIST - AE12.0.4 Version

Posted May 02, 2018 11:54 AM

Awesome! Thanks a ton!

• 4.  Re: Creating a dynamic VARA.FILELIST - AE12.0.4 Version

Posted May 03, 2018 02:24 PM

I have written a routine to use the RA_FTP agent to list the contents of a directory and then add the list of files to a VARA.  The list is filtered to match a certain mask before being accepted and optionally against a list of previously processed files

Later in the overall process, as each file is successfully consumed, the entry is removed from the 'currrent' list and added to a 'history' list.

The initial step using RA_FTP can be replaced by any manual ftp process or an OS directory call if the source server has an Automic OS agent.

Patrick

• 5.  Re: Creating a dynamic VARA.FILELIST - AE12.0.4 Version

Posted May 08, 2018 12:26 PM

Thankyou Patrick, for your solution,. I was able to use the variable option and achieve what I was looking for. But thankyou again,for sharing your approach, I am sure it will be helpful in the future.