There are two devices in my environment which my USM 8.51 is not able to discover. I deleted them during one activity from usm and now they are not appearing again. What action we can take?
Did you delete the devices from the "Delete selected" Action menu item from the UMP USM portlet? If so, did you uncheck the "Prevent Rediscovery" option before submitting the request to delete the devices?
Check to make sure that the deleted devices do not appear in the excluded_devices.csv file located in the <installPath>\Nimsoft\probes\service\discovery_server directory. If this file exists and your devices appear in this file, the discovery_server will never rediscover these devices. Save a copy of the excluded_devices.csv file, then manually delete all entries that correspond to your devices from the file. Restart the discovery_server probe and the devices should eventually be added back to your device inventory.
If you did not delete these devices in this manner, then change the loglevel of the discovery_server probe to 5 from the probe's Raw Conifgure GUI, apply the change and restart the probe. You should find a clue as to why the devices are not rediscovered if they correspond to robots or have entries in the niscache directory on robots where you have probes remotely discovery/monitoring the devices. If the devices are discovered through a discovery_scope set up through the Discovery_Wizard in the UMP USM portlet, you would need to collect loglevel 5 log from the discovery_agent that is responsible for discovering the devices to verify that there are no issues rediscovering them.
Hope this helps.
I found the entries in the csv file, I deleted them after stopping the discovery server probe and then started the probe after saving the changes and replacing the file. I tried rediscovering but unable to rediscover them still.
Can you suggest something now?
Are the missing devices discovered through scopes set up in a Discovery Wizard of the UMP USM portal? Or are these devices robots or discovered because they are being remotely monitored by a probe on a robot in your UIM domain? If they are discovered by the former process (scopes set up in a Discovery Wizard of the UMP USM portal) and you do not have this set up to automatically rediscover the devices in the configured scopes, then you must kick off a rediscovery from the Discovery Wizard.
If the devices are still not rediscovered after kicking off a discovery from the Discovery Wizard, or if the devices are robots or are remotely monitored by a probe installed on a robot, then it will be necessary to collect discovery logs. If the missing devices are discovered through scopes set up in a Discovery Wizard, you need to change the loglevel to 5 (logsize to 80000) of the discovery_agent responsible for discovering these devices and kick off a new discovery. The discovery_agent.log files should determine why the devices are not being rediscovered.
If the missing devices are robots or remotely monitored by probes installed on a robot, then you need to change the loglevel to 5 of the discovery_server, restart the probe then review all of the discovery_server log files to determine why the devices are not being rediscovered.
If you cannot determine this yourself from the appropriate set of log files, then I would highly recommend that you open a support case to get assistance with reviewing these files to determine why you cannot discover these devices.
Retrieving data ...