CA Service Management

• 1.  SLA Based on Call Back Field

Posted May 02, 2018 12:41 PM

We have a user requirement for tracking of Requests based on the need by date. What we would like to happen:

1. Help Desk (based on input) creates "software.certificates" Request (would only apply to one category)

2. Help Desk selects the Call Back field based on input

3. Call Back field provides SLA notice, with multiple-notification, 14 days prior to Call Back field date

4. Call Back field provides SLA warning, with multi-notification, 7 days prior to Call Back field date

5. Call Back field provides SLA violated with multiple-notification on Call Back date

Not sure if there is a way to call this information from the date backwards

• 2.  Re: SLA Based on Call Back Field
    Best Answer

Posted May 04, 2018 12:51 PM

Here are a couple of ways to address this:

1. Set up an SLA that you link to the Request Area.
      1. You would need three repeating (say, once a day) events that use a Condition macro that compares the current date/time with the CallBack date/time.
      2. The Actions on True for these events would send notifications and set SLA violation.
      3. The drawback to this is that the events would fire multiple times (for example the first one would notify 14 days out, 13 days out, 12 days out, etc.) as long as the conditions are met.
    2. You could develop a PAM workflow process, associated with the Request Area, that would monitor the ticket (looking at it periodically) and send out the notifications, etc. and send out the notifications at the appropriate points.
      1. This could be coded to fire only once per requirement.

• 3.  Re: SLA Based on Call Back Field

Posted May 06, 2018 11:22 AM

Thanks Lindsay! That was exactly what i was looking for. I do have a follow-up question if i pursue the PAM route, is there any capability/examples to dynamically read a file and create a ticket automatically? I think that would be the best way to ensure these are updated efficiently. I did see options for file properties and other file management processes but was unable to find a way for it pull the data into a ticket.

• 4.  Re: SLA Based on Call Back Field

Posted May 08, 2018 12:14 AM

In PAM there is a Read from File Operator. Try experimenting with that.

• 5.  Re: SLA Based on Call Back Field

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 05, 2018 03:12 PM

Hi Jessie,

Were you able to apply the suggestions provided by Lindsay? Were you able to get the required help in this case? If so please answer correct for the reply and we would be good to close this thread.