Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all

Product Announcement - More Apps + Improvements to the Community App Catalog

• 1.  Product Announcement - More Apps + Improvements to the Community App Catalog

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 02, 2018 08:01 PM

After updating our app catalog last fall with a fresh new look and feel plus some new community apps, morky01 has made some awesome improvements and added some new apps! To try this out, create a custom page and start adding apps.

Release Tracking Improvements

The Release Tracking app in the community catalog has some awesome new updates. This app is a variant of the new Iteration Status Page in Rally and shows the Features for a specified release plus it lets you to drilldown to the Stories, Defects, Tasks, ect. that roll up to the Feature. Along with fixing a tremendous number of defects including fixing the board view by updating to the latest App SDK, it also has advanced filtering now! 

New Community Apps

We've added a few more of our customers' favorite apps to our community app catalog:

• Query Counter -  Set up one or more queries with some explanatory text so that it can display a simple count of the items that match those queries. This app can be helpful when building data integrity dashboards, e.g. stories without features, stories in progress without estimates, etc.

• Bulk User Permissioning - Easily bulk edit user permissions and team memberships.

• PI Throughput/Velocity - A configurable throughput/velocity chart for portfolio items using ActualEndDate rollup information. 
      • Note: This is available with the next AC2Go release! AC2Go sub admins can add this to the subscription app catalog if they want to use it now.

• PI Cycle Time - A configurable cycle time chart for portfolio items using ActualEndDate rollup information. 
      • Note: This is available with the next AC2Go release! AC2Go sub admins can add this to the subscription app catalog if they want to use it now.

We'd love to hear your feedback about these new features!

• 2.  Re: Product Announcement - More Apps + Improvements to the Community App Catalog

Posted May 03, 2018 12:21 PM

This is AWESOME.. thank you!

Suggestion: can a Burn Up/Down chart and/or cumulative flow chart be included in the Release Tracking app outside of the Pie chart? 

• 3.  Re: Product Announcement - More Apps + Improvements to the Community App Catalog

Posted May 03, 2018 01:20 PM

kalina.kieterling that's a good suggestion.  I added an issue on the github repo to track the feature request: Add more charts · Issue #19 · RallyCommunity/PSITrackingApp · GitHub 

• 4.  Re: Product Announcement - More Apps + Improvements to the Community App Catalog

Posted May 03, 2018 02:24 PM

Sweet! Thank you for doing that!

• 5.  Re: Product Announcement - More Apps + Improvements to the Community App Catalog

Posted May 03, 2018 01:03 PM

Um, HOLY APPS, Batman! OMG did you see that Bulk User Permissions tool!?!?  This has been needed for ... well ... how long has Rally/AC been around ... it's amazing. And the logic works!! THIS IS HUGE. 

Agile Central administrators have needed the ability to bulk-assign/remove/manage user permissions for forever, and now have a great way to do so!

morky01 at this point, why don't you just tell me what kind of bourbon you like? 

• 6.  Re: Product Announcement - More Apps + Improvements to the Community App Catalog

Posted May 03, 2018 01:07 PM

I internally freaked.

• 7.  Re: Product Announcement - More Apps + Improvements to the Community App Catalog

Posted May 03, 2018 01:18 PM

The tech services team deserves all the credit here - corkr03  But totally agree, awesome app!

• 8.  Re: Product Announcement - More Apps + Improvements to the Community App Catalog

Posted May 04, 2018 11:32 AM

So... anyone getting a PAGE UNRESPONSIVE error, which then kicks you out of AC? I am noticing this happening when I try and give Viewer, Editor, or Admin across across the whole workspace vs individual projects.....

• 9.  Re: Product Announcement - More Apps + Improvements to the Community App Catalog

Posted May 04, 2018 12:08 PM

That's probably just trying to do too much at once.  Browsers get angry when you queue up that many requests at a time, even though they only get processed in chunks of 6 or 8.  Can you do your bulk operations in smaller batches rather than the entire workspace at once?

Long term we're working on building better support for these sorts of thing into the tool.  This app isn't a bad stopgap until we get there, but it seems like you found the upper limit for what the app is able to do...

• 10.  Re: Product Announcement - More Apps + Improvements to the Community App Catalog

Posted May 04, 2018 12:34 PM

Lol, forgive me! Ahhh, I can so smaller batches from time to time, but I was definitely looking forward to having the ability to select the entire workspace. We have hundreds of projects and it's so time consuming... I shall be patient, although that's not my strong suit. Thank you!

• 11.  Re: Product Announcement - More Apps + Improvements to the Community App Catalog

Posted May 10, 2018 12:43 PM

This is one of my favorite apps, been using it in beta for many months and it's truly a lifesaver for me!  I appreciate how much time and effort was put into this new app and love that the admin screens are finally getting the love they need!  Thank you corkr03!!

• 12.  Re: Product Announcement - More Apps + Improvements to the Community App Catalog

Posted Jun 20, 2018 11:45 AM

Hello team when uploading the user utility app does it not supposed to render the existing team conditions?