Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Right to see Submitted hours in Timesheet?

• 1.  Right to see Submitted hours in Timesheet?

Posted May 03, 2018 05:25 AM

Hi, 

I was not able to find this info in reference guide. 

Generally when user submits hours of some project in his Timesheet,  PM of that project can see those hours of user. We'd like to know which right is responsible for this access, because we would like to add that right to some second manager of project to see the same hours:

Thanks,

Matej

• 2.  Re: Right to see Submitted hours in Timesheet?

Posted May 03, 2018 05:48 AM

Like the "Alert" in your screenshot says ; its just the "Time Approval" rights (its a right over the resource though, not the project).

• 3.  Re: Right to see Submitted hours in Timesheet?

Posted May 04, 2018 05:55 AM

Hi Dave, 

OK, but how can PM see that hours in submitted Timesheet when he doesn't have this right? 

I supposed it should be on project level as he can see all resource's Submitted hours in TS....

Matej

• 4.  Re: Right to see Submitted hours in Timesheet?

Posted May 04, 2018 06:32 AM

The PM (and anyone with the project plan related rights) can see "pending actuals" against assignments in the project plan.

Re : "how can PM see that hours in submitted Timesheet when he doesn't have this right" - I would say that they do have that right somehow (rights can be granted in a number of ways of course - if you go to the (timesheet submitting) resource record in the application and look at the "Access to this resource" / "full view" you shoudl be able to identify how someone obtains the rights)

• 5.  Re: Right to see Submitted hours in Timesheet?

Posted May 04, 2018 09:06 AM

PM in fact doesn't need to have that Resource - Approve time right to see submitted hours of some resource on his project. So I'd rather know which right on Project level is responsible for this....

I checked also "Access to this resource" / "full view" of the resource (who Submitted TS), and the second Manager is there, who doesn't see the submitted hours in TS....

Matej 

• 6.  Re: Right to see Submitted hours in Timesheet?

Posted May 04, 2018 09:17 AM

"PM in fact doesn't need to have that Resource - Approve time right to see submitted hours of some resource on his project" - are you sure about that? I just set up a new resource and made it the manager of one of my test projects - I then submitted a timesheet against that project and my new user could not see the timesheet (they could only see their own) until I explicitly also granted them the "Time - Approve" right.

"and the second Manager is there" - one more step ; need to click on the little key icon to see what sort of rights the second Manager has (and how they obtained those rights)

• 7.  Re: Right to see Submitted hours in Timesheet?

Posted May 07, 2018 03:08 AM

Hi Dave, 

We have built custom portlet where PMs see Submitted TS with their projects. We use link for Timesheet icon to refer to the respective timesheet (line link in Action Item) where PM can check submitted hours with tasks. 

So then I'm referring to this fact:

Project manager Ana (logged in) -

is PM in project for resource "Aatmika" - where she can see submitted hours when clicked on TS icon:

but for resource "Agarwal", in second project - is Ana this "second PM", where she can't see anything (when click on TS icon):

In spite of fact, project manager Ana has only herself in Resource - Approve time right:  

So I still think it's some different right, but probably some built-in which we can't "simply use"...

Maybe the only way is add resources to  Resource - Approve time right. Thanks for your tips. 

Matej 

• 8.  Re: Right to see Submitted hours in Timesheet?

Posted May 08, 2018 04:14 AM

Matej Petrgal wrote:

(snip)

In spite of fact, project manager Ana has only herself in Resource - Approve time right:  

Ok, but that last screenshot only shows you the specific instances that Ana has "Approve Time" over (so resources that have a 1-to-1 approve-time relationship) - the "Approve Time" right can be obtained in various other ways (via groups, OBS relationships (this is the most complex), or globally) that would allow Ana to approve time for the timesheet-resource ; how you work that out is via that "Full View" / key-icon functionality I've mentioned above. 

• 9.  Re: Right to see Submitted hours in Timesheet?

Posted May 04, 2018 09:16 AM

You could also create a report based on the Time Management domain, such as the one in the image below.  I created this for our environment, and PM's can filter for their project and the appropriate time period -- or set up a schedule and get it automatically on a recurring basis.

• 10.  Re: Right to see Submitted hours in Timesheet?

Posted May 08, 2018 09:05 AM

Hi Matej,

I suppose giving Resource - Enter Time rights can make a CA Clarity PPM user to view the Submitted Timesheets for another user. He or she will not have Timesheet Approve rights over that user.

Suhail.

• 11.  Re: Right to see Submitted hours in Timesheet?

Posted May 10, 2018 07:55 AM

Hi Suhail, 

Thanks, that's better but still that PM has ability to enter hours in TS for all that users which are in this instance right...So there is a security risk from my point of view :/

Matej

• 12.  Re: Right to see Submitted hours in Timesheet?

Posted May 10, 2018 08:40 AM

Matej Petrgal wrote:

So there is a security risk from my point of view 

So don't give out the rights!