Service Virtualization

• 1.  Way to retrieve test suite execution report from DevTest Portal?

Posted May 03, 2018 04:12 PM

Hello

I am just wondering is there a way to pull the test execution report from the DevTest Portal , without log on to it, and send that report by email or store the results in a different location after executing the test suite successfully.

I currently log on to DevTest portal and save the test results manually in pdf and eventually sending that report manually.

Version: 10.2.4

• 2.  Re: Way to retrieve test suite execution report from DevTest Portal?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 17, 2018 10:04 PM

Hi Saravanan,

There are few REST API calls are introduced in Devtest 10.3. By using these Test API invocation calls, you can pull the test suite report without login to Devtest portal. You can also use curl command with these API calls to pull the test case/test suite reports.

Please find sample screenshot from Devtest 10.3 as below.

Thanks & Regards

Srikanth Gajawada

• 3.  Re: Way to retrieve test suite execution report from DevTest Portal?

Posted May 18, 2018 04:31 PM

Thanks Srikanth. But I have some issues in running the API using postman. For example, the URI which I tried http://hostname:8443/lisa-test-invoke/api/v1/suites/reports?user= .What information has to be passed in the header?

• 4.  Re: Way to retrieve test suite execution report from DevTest Portal?

Posted May 18, 2018 07:14 PM

I fixed the above issue. But these APIs do not provide any URL to display the reports in html or pdf.

• 5.  Re: Way to retrieve test suite execution report from DevTest Portal?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2018 08:44 PM

Saravanan, with these urls you can pull the test suite report in JSON format. We don't have option to retrieve as pdf or html.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth Gajawada

• 6.  RE: Re: Way to retrieve test suite execution report from DevTest Portal?

Posted Jul 07, 2020 11:32 AM
    I am trying to get the latest suite run report based on the suite name. When I use Retrieve Suite Reports, it gives all the reports from the suite runs in the specified time range.  Is it possible to get the latest run report only?

• 7.  RE: Re: Way to retrieve test suite execution report from DevTest Portal?

Posted Jul 07, 2020 12:17 PM
    Hi Rahul,

You can try achieving this by orchestration in the API calls -  to get the 1st or last report based on the Json path.

Thanks

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini
    ------------------------------