Rally Software

• 1.  MS Team Connector?

Posted May 03, 2018 05:39 PM

Company recently

went to o360 and MS Teams.  Had a user ask:  

"We just got setup on Microsoft Teams.  I was wondering, will there be a way for us to get alerts in there when changes to stories in Rally are made?  Perhaps stories assigned to us, or changes made to a story we are the owner on?

• 2.  Re: MS Team Connector?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 04, 2018 11:18 AM

Hi Doug,

Unfortunately there isn't an available integration with MS Teams. You can find our available integrations at: CA Agile Central Integrations | CA Agile Central Help  . You may see an integration available with MS Team Foundation Server, but it is not MS Teams: Microsoft Team Foundation Server | CA Agile Central Help  .  Perhaps there is a way, however, to have your MS Team connect with MS Team Foundation Server , in which case it may be possible to get Agile Central -> Foundation Server -> MS Teams. You will need to explore that option between MS Foundation Server and MS Teams. 

In case all above is not helping then you may want to post an idea to our ideas site at: https://ideas.rallydev.com and request such integration to be developed.

One way you may want to consider developing something like that on your own is with Agile Central's webhooks. Webhooks are a mechanism where you can 'subscribe' on certain events and then be notified when they occur. For instance you can create webhooks to trigger when changes to story you or your team owns, or assigned to your team etc.. (these are the examples you provided). You will then receive a call back at a target URL with the information you asked for. You can develop that page to then drive this data into your MS Teams. You can read more on Webhooks at: 

Manage Webhooks | CA Agile Central Help 

I hope this is helping. Let us know if further questions.

Sagi

• 3.  Re: MS Team Connector?

Posted May 08, 2018 12:38 PM

Sagi:

This gives me a lot to work with!  I will give the ideas above a try and see what we can come up with.  Greatly appreciate the help!

• 4.  Re: MS Team Connector?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 08, 2018 12:47 PM

Hi Doug,

Glad to help. I noticed you didn't have a username in the Ideas site so I went ahead and created one for you. I'll send you the info in private via email.

Thanks,

Sagi

• 5.  RE: Re: MS Team Connector?

Posted Jun 23, 2020 03:08 AM
    Hi @Sagi Gabay / @Doug Husovsky,

Is there any integration available now between Microsoft team & Rally​​​​​?

Regards,
    Divyanshu Dhyani

------------------------------
    Project Lead
    Optum Global Solutions (UnitedHealth Group)
    ------------------------------