Rally Software

• 1.  Custom list of stories, tasks and defects by owner

Posted May 03, 2018 07:01 PM
      |   view attached

The attached JS code pulls a list of stories, tasks and defects assigned to specific set of owners. The scenario we are trying to cover is such that in some cases a resource might be the owner of a story and associated tasks.  In other cases, the resource might create tasks under a story owned by someone else.  This is a compilation list.  When stories are expanded the tasks assigned to a resource show as duplicates since we are also listing tasks assigned to that resource.  It would be great if this JS could be modified to list the stories expanded so it shows the tasks for that resource.  In the event that there’s a task assigned to a resource under a story that belongs to someone else (outside the specific set of owners), the list will show the story and the task or tasks assigned to the owner who is part of the specific set of owners.  I've mocked up an example of how we would like to visualize this data along with the code we are currently using.  Any help/guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Re: Custom list of stories, tasks and defects by owner

Posted May 04, 2018 05:34 AM

Carmen,

morky01 or corkr03 may have an idea.  If not, CA Agile Central does have a Technical Services Team which could be engaged to assist you with writing an app for this request.

Michael

• 3.  Re: Custom list of stories, tasks and defects by owner

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 04, 2018 10:46 AM

Hi Carmen,

Thanks for the word doc and that source code. 

In your doc you show a mock up of what you're asking to build. Do you have a screen shot of what your screen looks like now?

One reason I'm asking that is cause your store filters also include iteration start and end dates. I realize the list of owners you have in the filter isn't working, I'm wondering if the iteration filter works?   I'm asking that to get a sense of whether the problem is with all your filters or perhaps just with that list of owners.

By the way, if you narrow down the owner list to only one person and then use the "=" operator (instead of "in") , will that work and display all aggregated stories/tasks for just that owner?

Asking this question to figure if the 'in' operator may be a possible problem here.

Thanks,

Sagi

• 4.  Re: Custom list of stories, tasks and defects by owner
    Best Answer

Posted May 04, 2018 01:02 PM

If the Custom List app supported multiple types this would get you super close- the only thing missing would be removing the child items not owned by someone in that whitelist.  Even in a custom app there's not really a great (supported) way to filter out children like that.

You'll probably have to override the _getChildNodeFilters method on the TreeStore to additionally add your owner filter there.  https://help.rallydev.com/apps/2.1/doc/#!/api/Rally.data.wsapi.TreeStore

• 5.  Re: Custom list of stories, tasks and defects by owner

Posted May 04, 2018 05:17 PM

If the Work Items view included Tasks, that might help, especially if we could build and share a view of stories, defects, and tasks assigned to a specific set of people.  Does anyone know if that is on the roadmap?  I'm a wanna-be coder and tried to mock something up, but it isn't quite there yet.  Maybe one of these days I'll be a real developer.