Service Virtualization

• 1.  unable to build the SSH jars from SSH-Utils project

Posted May 04, 2018 06:30 AM
      |   view attached

Greetings Team,

How are you doing, today!!!

I have an requirement to automate a SFTP flow, while going through the CA communities found a very useful thread

https://communities.ca.com/thread/241739216?commentID=241826535#comment-241826535  

However I am not attached build the jars from the attached SSH project.

Request you to kindly furnish the SSH jar files for 

DevTest Version: 10.2.4.153

Thanks in advance.

Attachment(s)

zip
    ssh-utils.zip   947 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: unable to build the SSH jars from SSH-Utils project

Posted May 07, 2018 04:11 AM

Greetings Team,

Any update would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• 3.  Re: unable to build the SSH jars from SSH-Utils project

Posted May 08, 2018 02:13 PM

Greetings Team,

Is there any update on my below query?

Thanks in advance.

• 4.  Re: unable to build the SSH jars from SSH-Utils project
    Best Answer

Posted May 11, 2018 09:39 AM

Sorry to say the extension is not supported by CA as part of the product software. 

When you say you are unable to build the JAR, do you mean it contains compile errors that prevent the build or is there a different issue?

Your challenge / experience with custom JARs brings up an important point for everyone to consider.

Often custom JARs leverage DevTest framework components and classes as well as 3rd party JARs. 

As DevTest product improvements occur, DevTest classes may change without notice including moving from one package to another. Similarly, the 3rd party, open source JARs on which some of the older extensions are built may also change or go out of support.

I believe the extension you are referring to was generated circa 2015 which likely means it was built on a combination of Java 7 and possibly an older version of DevTest (maybe v7.5). This may or may not be a reason for build issues.  Lastly, I would verify that any 3rd party JARs used by the extension are still viable as they may or may not use Java 8 compatible features. 

• 5.  Re: unable to build the SSH jars from SSH-Utils project

Posted Aug 20, 2018 10:35 AM

Hello Joel,

Is there a way we can take this old extension and build it for DevTest 10.3? We have a requirement for running shell scripts and need some plugin like this one. Opened a support ticket, but was directed to communities for help.

• 6.  Re: unable to build the SSH jars from SSH-Utils project

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 22, 2018 04:31 PM

Manju,

As note by Joel, customer extensions are not supported out of the box with DevTest.  I would reach out to CA Professional Services via your CA Account Manager for assistance. 

You can also refer to this documentation , which is just a guide for customizations:

Using the SDK - DevTest Solutions - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

~Marcy

• 7.  Re: unable to build the SSH jars from SSH-Utils project

Posted Aug 22, 2018 06:20 PM

I would agree with MarcyNunns, one option is to contact CA Professional Services for assistance.

If the Java Code was packaged in your copy of the SSH utility, try importing the code into an IDE (Eclipse, IntelliJ, etc.) fix any Java 8 incompatibilities, compile, and export a new version of the JAR.  If the utility relies on other JAR files, obtain the correct versions of those JARs as well.