Clarity

• 1.  Days Late : How can I add in project List

Posted May 04, 2018 12:17 PM

Hi ,

I need to see the attribute days late in Project List Portlet (like in Program Dashboerd) but I don´t know how can I configure that. I know that it is a calculate field.

Some body help me?

Thanks a lot,

Cira

• 2.  Re: Days Late : How can I add in project List

Posted May 04, 2018 04:50 PM

Hi Cira,

Are you referring to the Project List View? (I don't recall a project list portlet). If you need to see the Days Late, you need to create a calculated attribute that gives you the difference of Baseline Finish and Finish (Assuming your days late calculation is that. Do note this calculation will not take into account the Completion Status).

An alternative is to rely on the column "Days Late" on the Schedule Dashboard Portlet (Under the Project Dashboard tab). This is assuming standard configuration of PPM.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Regards,

Debroop

• 3.  Re: Days Late : How can I add in project List

Posted May 07, 2018 09:51 AM

Thank you Debroop,

Can you tell me where and how can I create that attribute?

Regards,

Cira 

• 4.  Re: Days Late : How can I add in project List
    Best Answer

Posted May 08, 2018 09:34 PM

If you want to use Debroop suggestion, it would be to create a new attribute on Project of type 'calculated' with expression 'DateDiff(baseline_finish,schedule_finish,"Day")'

But this may not meet your requirement as 1) it needs a baseline to be set 2) it doesn't take into account todays date (eg if you have a project which has baseline_finish and schedule_finish being 2 months ago and is still active, the date difference will be 0).

You can also look at the query 'Program Manager Schedule Dashboard' which uses a database view cop_inv_days_late_v.  'Project Manager Schedule Dashboard' also has 'days late'.

Personally, I would be looking at how your oganisation wants to use "Days Late" and if it should be based on baseline as well as 'today' and to see if the above could be used.

As an example, on Task there is an attibute 'Is Late'.  If the task doesn't have a baseline to compare against, the 'Is Late' is green, even if the task was scheduled be completed 5 years ago, and is still not completed and doesn't have a baseline.

• 5.  Re: Days Late : How can I add in project List

Posted May 10, 2018 04:53 PM

Thank you so much, I will use DateDiff(baseline_finish,schedule_finish,"Day")

Now I need to create another attribute in Project List View same to %Schedule.

Can you help me?

Regards,

Cira