• 1.  ETC not changing to 0 for effort task

Posted May 07, 2018 04:55 AM

Hi 

I have an effort task 

start date: 31-Mar-2018 (uneditable)

finish date: 30-Apr-2018 (editable)

ETC: non-zero accepts

ETC: 0- does not accept and change to 42

I tried changing finish date and ETC multiple times, but unable to change ETC to 0.

I went to Task--> Assignments, tried to change ETC there but no help either.

Regards

Uruj

• 2.  Re: ETC not changing to 0 for effort task

Posted May 07, 2018 06:04 AM

Please check if any resource has already reported 42 hours for any task(s) under that project. The timesheet might not be posted yet, but may be submitted for approval. Check in your system. 

• 3.  Re: ETC not changing to 0 for effort task

Posted May 07, 2018 06:16 AM

Hi Abhishek

Already 126 hours of effort is present for three users on this task.It is showing remaining 42 hours for these three assignees. I can even make ETC as 1 for all these 3 and save. However, it doesnot allow to make it as 0.

• 4.  Re: ETC not changing to 0 for effort task
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 07, 2018 08:35 AM

Hi Uruj,

The effort task is based on team allocation, so the ETC can't be manually changed to 0 unless the allocation for the resources on the project are all 0 (or all ETC hours have been posted as actuals). Here are a couple of options to change the ETC hours to 0 on an effort task.  

1) Change the resource(s) allocation to 0 on the team tab

2) Change the effort task into a regular task (by changing the task ID of the effort task from ~rmv to something different)

Here's a KB with more details on this: Unable to change ETC on effort task to 0 - CA Knowledge 

Regards,

Kristin Schroer

• 5.  Re: ETC not changing to 0 for effort task

Posted May 08, 2018 03:31 AM

Hi kristin,

Thanks, changing the allocation from team tab helped.

Regards,

Uruj