DX NetOps

• 1.  Error in Report Manager

Posted May 07, 2018 05:58 AM

Hi all,

I have installed Spectrum 10.2 with Jasper report 6.3 initially everything is working fine.But when I have restarted spectrum and tried to access Report Manager I am seeing the error.

And the Spectrum tomcat log shows the root cause as:

May 07, 2018 2:57:14 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
    SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [jsp] in context with path [/spectrum] threw exception [com.aprisma.spectrum.app.repmgr.container.BeanNotReadyException: srmRegistry] with root cause
    com.aprisma.spectrum.app.repmgr.container.BeanNotReadyException: srmRegistry
    at com.aprisma.spectrum.app.repmgr.container.SRMApplicationContext.getBeanWithRetry(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.jsp.repmgr.admin.navigation_jsp._jspService(navigation_jsp.java:167)
    at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:731)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:439)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:395)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:339)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:731)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:303)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
    at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:218)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122)
    at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:614)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:169)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:956)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:442)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1083)
    at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:640)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:318)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Can someone please help me to solve the issue.

• 2.  Re: Error in Report Manager

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 07, 2018 07:30 AM

Hi Sheethal,

This error is benign based on the following article: 

Spectrum 10.2 with Report Manager integrated, Bean - CA Knowledge 

If the SRM is not starting up, there should be another error in the Tomcat's log file.

Thanks,

Silvio

• 3.  Re: Error in Report Manager

Posted May 07, 2018 08:57 AM

Thanks Silvio for the response.

Yes I can see one more error related to SRM.

ERROR com.aprisma.spectrum.app.repmgr.web.servlet.SRMBootstrapServlet - Error occurred while initializing SRM components
    com.aprisma.spectrum.app.repmgr.exceptions.SRMException: MySQLDatabaseValidator() - ERROR: JDBC driver is not up-to-date; Requires JDBC version 5.1.12 or greater.
    at com.aprisma.spectrum.app.repmgr.dc.db.dba.jdbc.MySQLDatabaseValidator.validate(Unknown Source)
    at com.aprisma.spectrum.app.repmgr.dc.registry.SRMRegistry.init(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

Could to please suggest me how to proceed further to overcome this error.

• 4.  Re: Error in Report Manager
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 07, 2018 04:34 AM

Hi Sheethal,

This is not a common error, I could find one other customer report the same error and the resolution was to uninstall OneClick / SRM and reinstall OneClick / SRM.  The problem is on the OneClick / SRM side so there is no reason to touch Jaspersoft.

Best regards,

Glenn