Test Data Manager

• 1.  I can't register tables on TDM Portal

Posted May 07, 2018 05:58 PM

I can't register tables or any object through the TDM portal. When I register a table I choose my connection and then I choose my schema, in my case dbo and I get the message: no tables found !. My TDM is installed on windows 10. Can anyone help?

• 2.  Re: I can't register tables on TDM Portal

Posted May 07, 2018 07:40 PM

Carlos,

What type of DB server are you attempting to connect to? Is the DB local to the Windows system as well?

Are there any additional details to the error? An exception perhaps? Could you post a screenshot?

I'll assume MS SQL for the moment... Did you specify a DB name when creating the connection profile? If not, what's the users default DB? Can the user access it's default DB's dbo schema via SQL Server Management Studio?

Regards,

Sean

• 3.  Re: I can't register tables on TDM Portal

Posted May 08, 2018 10:53 AM

Hi Sean Thank you for the reply.

Yes. I am using SQL Server Express and access with the database is very well via SQL Server Management Studio. Log in with SA user GT DataMaker works seamlessly with the same connections. But TDM Portal refuses to show tables by displaying the message: No Tables Found!

This happens with any object I want to register as GTEXCEL, DELIM CSV ... My operating system is Windows 10

Here is a screenshot

Thank you very much

Regards 

Carlos Moitas

Connection profile

• 4.  Re: I can't register tables on TDM Portal

Posted May 09, 2018 05:20 PM

Carlos,

I think it might be best to assist you via a support case. We could get on a webex and collect logs to see why the JDBC connection cannot find any tables.

Please open a support case accordingly (as I could not locate a Site ID/Site Association for your e-mail address).

Portal can be put into debug using these instructions:

TDM Portal: How to enable debugging for TDM Portal - CA Knowledge 

• 5.  Re: I can't register tables on TDM Portal
    Best Answer

Posted May 11, 2018 02:21 PM

Sean-K-CA

Hi, Sean.

I found the problem.
    My windows 10 is in portuguese from Brazil.
    I needed to access the

C: \ Program Files \ CA \ CA Test Data Manager Portal \ service \ conf path and had to edit the wrapper.conf file.

I inserted the following line: wrapper.lang = en_US, I restarted the portal service and the problem was solved. The tables were displayed and I can now register any object.
    Therefore for a system that has a language other than US English you need to perform the procedure described above.

Thank you very much for your replys

Best regards

Carlos Andre Moitas

• 6.  Re: I can't register tables on TDM Portal

Posted May 11, 2018 02:59 PM

moitas

Thanks so much for following up with the full resolution. This is a huge help to our community!

I've marked your answer as correct and removed your e-mail/partner number for privacy purposes.

Thanks again!!!

• 7.  Re: I can't register tables on TDM Portal

Posted May 13, 2018 10:33 AM

Hi, Sean.

I am proud to be able to help and thank you for your quick reply. I'm happy to help our community.

Thanks!!