Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Is it possible to somehow show results from SMD on my Dashboard?

• 1.  Is it possible to somehow show results from SMD on my Dashboard?

Posted May 08, 2018 09:43 AM

Hi,

For anyone on V12 or over there are now useful dashboards that can display graphs and table and all sorts of widgets.

What would be really useful is if I could create a Dashboard that showed me the contents of the Service Manager Dialog.

In my case, if I see that all the components there are green, I'm confident that my Engine and all other components are good.

The beauty of having this on a dashboard is that I can easily check from my phone if everything is good. I could then add other widgets to show last x messages to give me confidence Jobs/Workflows are running as expected.

I'm interested in this mostly for verification purposes after planned outages in particular.

Anyone know if this is possible?

John.

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to somehow show results from SMD on my Dashboard?

Posted May 08, 2018 11:58 AM

Hey John,

Out of the box I do not know if that is possible. However, if I had this requirement I would run the service manager command-line utility of GET_PROCESS_LIST.

With that I would parse the report and generate an html with a UNIX/windows job and place that html in the tomcat apps folder. From there you could call the URL in your dashboard and have a view of all the services.

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to somehow show results from SMD on my Dashboard?

Posted May 09, 2018 03:53 AM

Thanks you Michael, this is most helpful.