DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  CA UIM - Recommendations for hour change

Posted May 08, 2018 11:39 AM

Hi all.

On weekend will be the hour change in my country (go back 1 hour) so I need to stop the CA UIM services and I dont know if am correct but I'm planning to accomplish this task shutting down the service from the Nimsoft Service Controller on Both HUB and also on both UMP servers.

That's all or I have to do something else?

Other thing, I will stop the services one hour before the hour change (23:00) then with the new hour, start up again the services around 23:05. In theory will be a gap of 5 minutes of data.

What do you think? or doesn't matter stop the services one hour before beceause the platform will overwrite the old data from 23:00 ahead?

Thanks in advance!

• 2.  Re: CA UIM - Recommendations for hour change

Posted May 08, 2018 12:31 PM

I think dont need to stop the UIM instance ,but however from CA anyone can  confirm this ?

• 3.  Re: CA UIM - Recommendations for hour change

Posted May 08, 2018 07:32 PM

You don't need to stop the services and start them back during the day light savings time change . 

• 4.  Re: CA UIM - Recommendations for hour change

Posted May 09, 2018 09:58 AM

Hi Phani, why not? what happen with the data that was write before time change? will overwrite? 

regards

EOS

• 5.  Re: CA UIM - Recommendations for hour change
    Best Answer

Posted May 09, 2018 09:15 PM

Hi Emilio,

I do not exactly know the logic UIM follows during the DST change, but I never had to restart the services . May be UIM just over writes the data for that duration .

Only issue we use to have was with the devices in maintenance mode during that time which use to generate some false alerts . This was fixed in one of the recent maintenance_mode probe fixes 

Regards,

Phani

• 6.  Re: CA UIM - Recommendations for hour change

Posted May 10, 2018 08:11 PM

Phani, thanks for your feedback. I will test on the weekend and see what happens.

Greetings and many thanks!