DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Two metrics in dashboard against one application server

Posted May 09, 2018 04:52 AM

Dear Concerned

The customer wants two metrics to be displayed against one app server in the dashboard. the dashboard shows one metric. can we add another metric like "Percentage of Java Heap Used" for the same application server. so that simultaneously two metrics can be monitored.

regards

faheem

• 2.  Re: Two metrics in dashboard against one application server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 09, 2018 05:53 AM

The depends on a more clear understanding of the requirement:

How does the customer want the data to be displayed (dashboard element)?

If it's being combined with a different metric and a threshold is being applied, do the metrics behave in the same manner?

• 3.  Re: Two metrics in dashboard against one application server

Posted May 09, 2018 07:38 AM

Dear Davis

Let me explain in detail. As you can see in the screen shot, against one application server there is only one metric i-e ACTIVE COUNT. Now what the customer want is to have two metrics against the same application server:

1) ACTIVE COUNT (threshold for it is less than 1)     

2) Percentage of Java Heap Used (threshold greater than 90)

They want two metrics against one application server.

regards

faheem

• 4.  Re: Two metrics in dashboard against one application server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 09, 2018 01:05 PM

I'm still confused.

Is this element on top of your existing dashboard, or did you just paste something from the Management Module Editor on top of it?

Can you show us what your module looks like and where this element is? I assume there is a corresponding metric grouping which we will need to see.

• 5.  Re: Two metrics in dashboard against one application server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 09, 2018 01:18 PM

Alright; I've thought about this for a bit.

Since they are disparate metrics and you're wanting to use them in a simple or summary alert.

1. Simple option: you could create a second simple alert to monitor the threshold of ‘heap used' then add it to the Summary alert that the ‘active count' is added to. Place your Summary alert on the dashboard.
    2. Complex option: you will need to create a JavaScript calculator to evaluate both metrics and return a new metric with an integer value that you can set a threshold against.

• 6.  Re: Two metrics in dashboard against one application server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 09, 2018 08:41 AM

Converting to a discussion since a broader question.