Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a performance penalty for setting a large number schedule objects say in the range of 4000 to 5000.

• 1.  Is there a performance penalty for setting a large number schedule objects say in the range of 4000 to 5000.

Posted May 09, 2018 09:39 AM

Is there a performance penalty for setting a large number schedule objects say in the range of 4000 to 5000.

We are in the process of implementing Automic Workflow Automation and intent to use it as Job Scheduler for JDEdwards EntepriseOne 9.2.

Our design idea is to create a new Workflow for each EnterpriseOne Job and schedule that job in a Scheduler Object.

We would like to create new Scheduler Object for every Workflow we intent to schedule in Automic.

The main motivation behind this configuration is to keep each scheduled job separate from Scheduling standpoint.

This design does create lots of Scheduler objects however make it simple to manage each workflow and its schedule. In addition I have experienced that search engine will quickly find workflow and it corresponding scheduler object. Does this design have serious impact Automic Performance?

In other words

We are trying to decide the best way to set up schedule objects in our system. It seems like the two logical ways are:
    >Set up one schedule object per time zone and put thousands of jobp objects into each.
    >Set up one schedule object per jobp (or perhaps small list of related jobp objects).

Is there a performance penalty for setting a very large number of schedule objects?

Regards,

- Girish

• 2.  Re: Is there a performance penalty for setting a large number schedule objects say in the range of 4000 to 5000.

Posted May 09, 2018 11:07 AM

I would be worried about activities window management.  If you have only a few schedule objects, then the list of what is "active" becomes much shorter and easier to manage.

• 3.  Re: Is there a performance penalty for setting a large number schedule objects say in the range of 4000 to 5000.

Posted May 10, 2018 11:39 PM

my opinion is to maintain less schedulers for easy handling & maintenance. And about the performance I think system will get overload during scheduler turnaround time when more schedules at the same time of turnaround