Symantec Access Management

Tech Tip : CA Single Sign-On : Session Store smMaintenance maintenance object not found

• 1.  Tech Tip : CA Single Sign-On : Session Store smMaintenance maintenance object not found

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 09, 2018 09:49 AM

Question:

We have configured a new LDAP Session Store and when we have started the Policy Server we see the following message in the smps.log file:

[SmSSInLDAPStore.cpp:540][INFO][sm_LoginLogout_01021] LDAPGetMaintenanceInfo() - Maintenance object not found defaulting to the lowest version supported - 5

After that, the server starts properly and everything seems to work fine. In the Session Store I can see there are session objects created inside and a SmMaintenance object with a SmVersion attribute set to a value of 5. I have another environment using ODBC Session Store, and I didn't see any similar message when I started the Policy Server after enabling it.

I have reviewed the connectivity with the store which is correct, and everything is working as expected, and on successive Policy Server restarts the message doesn't appear anymore.

May I have skipped any step during configuration or store creation? Should I worry about this message?

Environment:

Policy Server : R12.52 SP1

Answer:

During the configuration steps to create the Session Store in LDAP servers we are not creating a SmMaintenance object, which it is needed for ODBC stores. For LDAP stores, it is expected that during the Policy Server start up process, it connects to the Session Store to check if this object already exists, and in case it does not, it will be created using a SmVersion value which your Policy Server supports.

Then, the message is stored in the logs as an INFO message to reflect this operation, which should not then be a problem, unless you are seeing it every time you restart the Policy Server (which could indicate a problem to store the object, for example) or with other errors.

Additional Information:
    Other causes for this message:
    https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/maintenance-object-not-found-defaulting-to-the-lowest-version-supported-5/kb000008369

KB : KB000092952