Release Automation

• 1.  Result Set

Posted May 09, 2018 10:38 AM

I need assistance in a scenario where I want to store result set as a output of SELECT query from SQL queries in Oracle Database .For that We are using Execute SQL Query on Oracle(c) Database Server command. But the output format is Result Set [Object [][]] type seems empty while Number Of Actual Affected Lines [int] shows .

• 2.  Re: Result Set

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 10, 2018 12:04 AM

Hi, 

Did you try to add schema name in your query?

Please try to use <schema name>.<table name> instead of <table name> for FROM.

For example, 

select * from scott.dept where deptno=10;

Regards

Yas

• 3.  Re: Result Set

Posted May 10, 2018 07:48 AM

Hello Miura,

I tried using schema as well still the Result Set [Object [][]] type seems empty while Number Of Actual Affected Lines [int] shows.

• 4.  Re: Result Set

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 17, 2018 05:48 AM

Hello Dadabhau,

I checked internally and I am not sure about the result query is returning for various reason. I am not very confident why it is returning number of affected lines, which ideally is returned when you do some update, delete sort of operation.

I try to run the similar style of select query on the oracle DB and it do returns a resultset but affected line counts as 0 because it is not doing any UD operation.

May I request if you can open a case to track this as it requires an investigation also, what version of RA are you using.

Regards,

Saurabh

• 5.  Re: Result Set

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 27, 2018 11:10 PM

Hi,

As Saurabh suggested, please open a support case if you need additional help.

I also think we need logs and check your environment to investigate further.

If you already resolved your problem, could you please share your solution?

Thanks

Yas

• 6.  Re: Result Set
    Best Answer

Posted May 28, 2018 08:09 AM

Hello Yasuyuki,

SQL query output will be result-set, By using Extract Multi Values From Result Set action will store output in an array using loop.

• 7.  Re: Result Set

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 28, 2018 08:59 PM

Thank you, Dadabhau

I marked your reply.

Regards

Yas