DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  logmon - Alert on file existance at specified time.

Posted May 10, 2018 01:00 AM

Hi All,

Is there a way for logmon to give me an alert when it detects an existence of a file at a specified time?

Example:  Send an alert if it detect a "test.log" at 4pm.

• 2.  Re: logmon - Alert on file existance at specified time.
    Best Answer

Posted May 10, 2018 02:46 PM

don't think logmon can do that.

dirscan can alarm if the number of files in a directory increases.

dirscan (File and Directory Scan) - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

nexec can be setup to run a command dir > dir.txt and then logmon can scan the file and alarm when it test.log is in dir.txt.

nexec (Command Execution) - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: logmon - Alert on file existance at specified time.

Posted May 10, 2018 10:06 PM

Hi David,

Confirmed "dirscan" probe can do what I need.  UIM with all the probes seems difficult to remember, I would think that any file or folder monitoring would be under one probe, not two separate probes.

Thanks for your support.

• 4.  Re: logmon - Alert on file existance at specified time.

Posted May 10, 2018 03:17 PM

Put the test in cron and write output to a file. Use logmon to watch the file.

Or maybe, put the test in a script including the time check. Then have logmon run the script every minute. Then process the output.

use nexec to run a pu command against logmon to run the profile. nexec can take a schedule. If the profile is inactive and run this way, it will work like it fired on a schedule.

There are many ways to do this.

-Garin