Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

How can we pass the value of the property generated at a Test Case level to the Configuration File.

• 1.  How can we pass the value of the property generated at a Test Case level to the Configuration File.

Posted May 10, 2018 06:55 AM

How can we pass the value of the property generated at a Test Case level to the Configuration File.

Reason:

I have a requirement where I need to create an Output XLS sheet with time stamp, at the beginning of the Test suite. Than I need to store the responses of the remaining Test Cases in that Output XLS file.

Approach Followed:

1.Created a Java jar file which creates the Output sheet with the timestamp e.g. UAT_Result_Sheet_05-10-2018T06-43-20 and returns back the name of the sheet.

2.Using the Dynamic Java Execution step I'm creating the required sheet and getting back the name of the sheet in CA DevTest.

3.Saving the name of the sheet to the property but not able to use this property in remaining test cases

So wanted to know how can I pass the value of this property to the Configuration file?

I want to store the name in a property so that I can give the name of sheet in the Java method I'm using for writing the responses in the Output sheet

• 2.  Re: How can we pass the value of the property generated at a Test Case level to the Configuration File.
    Best Answer

Posted May 10, 2018 04:38 PM

Hello Yugain,

Please, take a look at the discussion in the link below:

Passing properties between LISA test cases 

Hope it helps.

Heloisa