Clarity

• 1.  How do I get a resource to go from a full license to a restricted license?

Posted May 10, 2018 11:37 AM

I have a resource who is currently a full license user but only needs to be a restricted license user. I removed the group that made her the full license but it did not update the license count. Does anyone know how to complete this exercise? I also went into the Resource Access Rights tab in her admin resource page and there are no instance nor global rights that I can delete; none have the option to delete.

Thank you to anyone who can help!

• 2.  Re: How do I get a resource to go from a full license to a restricted license?
    Best Answer

Posted May 10, 2018 03:10 PM

1) Select Administration / Organization and Access / License Administration

2) Click on "Full" in the User Count by License Type portlet

3) Locate the user in question and click on their name

4) Filter for License Type = Full in the Rights by User portlet

This will show up all the privileges that user has that promote their license type to Full.  The harder part is figuring out where those came from ... it's usually some group affiliation.

Some of them, you just can't get rid of, such as "Project - Manager (Auto)", which is automatically assigned when you identify the resource as Project Manger in the Project Properties window.

• 3.  Re: How do I get a resource to go from a full license to a restricted license?

Posted May 11, 2018 03:09 AM

Another way is to create a spreadsheet from a portlet which displays all the rights and their license requirement.

Then you can look at the rights of the user in the GUI where you see from they are coming from.

Typically instance and OBS rights do have lower license requirement than global, which allows you to tune the rights for lower license requirement.

Some rights like the administrative rights only exist as global. Then the option is to have a shared ID for doing work which require those rights and personal ID's for all other work.

Unless for reporting purposes you need nominations that give the auto rights you could replace eg the project manager with somebody else.

My recollection is that collaboration managers and participants are not displayed in license information portlets, though they do required licenses.

• 4.  Re: How do I get a resource to go from a full license to a restricted license?

Posted May 14, 2018 02:14 AM

One that can also catch you up on is Instance Access.  Depending on what Object the Instance Access relates to, this can determine the type of license used.  These need to be manually removed from the Resource.