I've installed APM Introscope 10.5.2 SP2 Java Agent on webMethods Integration Server v9.5. Once it was instrumented, I saw the following metrics labeled "null"...
But this metric is NOT present in my other APM Introscope Agent v10.1 on a similar wMIS9.5 on another server.
Thanks in advance for any/all help.
I have a fix for this issue...
Apparently there is a known defect for JMX null node issue which was NOT generating metrics if JMSDestination was not available in the JMS header.
The 2 jar files supplied to me as a part of the hot fix (2HF29_DE337981)
Copy "Agent.jar" file to 'wily' dir (renaming the old one to something else)
Copy "Backendprotocols.jar" file to 'wily/core/ext' dir (renaming the old one to something else)
Restart the app server.
After restarting the app server, you should see the following entry showing "Build 992900"
5/14/18 05:25:04 PM EDT [INFO] [IntroscopeAgent.Agent] Agent Release 10.5.2.78 (Build 992900)
This resolves the "null" metrics issue.
Thanks jAmEs_shIn & huaba01
Hallett_German - Please mark this reply as "Correct Answer"
This ERROR gets logged repeatedly and has filled up 4 diff logfiles
5/11/18 02:33:14 PM EDT [ERROR] [IntroscopeAgent.Agent] An error occurred formatting jms client metric namenull5/11/18 02:33:14 PM EDT [ERROR] [IntroscopeAgent.Agent] An error occurred formatting jms client metric namenull5/11/18 02:33:14 PM EDT [ERROR] [IntroscopeAgent.Agent] Exception starting method tracer com.wily.introscope.agent.trace.frontend.jms.JMSFrontendTracer actual trace for com.webmethods.rtl.event.RemoteDeliverer.onMessage
This appears to be a known issue. In that thread, it was suggested to open a case . For this particular issue, there is only so much that can be done through the Community. So opening a case and ending this thread seems the best way. If you find a solution with 10.5.2, please share with others that may have identical issues.
10.5.1.8 and 10.5.2 SP2 Agent Issue solved installing 10.7.0.45 Agent
We would need the agent log in DEBUG to see into this, this is a common issue with JMS monitoring since we changed the monitoring in 10.3 agent. The original implementation of the monitoring expected to be able to pick out data from the JMS message header, but it appears that this field is not being used as much as was expected.
10.7 may fix some issues but not necessarily for every platform.
So, upgrading to v10.7.0.45 is not an option b/c I just upgraded the infratructure from v10.1 to v10.5.2 SP2. I've opened up case 01084936 w/ CA Support. It would be great if you can provide assistance.
I've uploaded most all that would be required for analysis to look into this issue. If you need more then I'd be more than happy to upload it, just let me know.
Retrieving data ...