CA Service Management

• 1.  Create and close ticket without attaching events

Posted May 13, 2018 05:04 PM

In CA Service Desk Manager is it possible to create a new ticket then close it within a few seconds, without attaching any events?

We have a scenario where a ticket is auto created and then auto closed a few seconds later.  We don't want any events attached to these tickets as there is never going to be any manual intervention required.

• 2.  Re: Create and close ticket without attaching events

Posted May 14, 2018 04:59 AM

Hi.

Something like "a few seconds" can and should be handled by events in SDM, in my opinion.

So I have the following questions:

• what is the business need to open tickets and close them automatically after a few seconds?
    • why do you need to prevent attaching events?

I can imagine a customization, something like a trigger, which does this task for you,

but I would prefer using out of the box functionality using events, because this is supported by the product ootb., it is configurable through the GUI and it is reliable.

Regards

.............Michael

• 3.  Re: Create and close ticket without attaching events

Posted May 14, 2018 03:29 PM

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply.

There is a self-service portal this particular customer uses, and when they order something that is handled by a third party, a ticket is created in CASD.  It needs to remain active for long enough for the CASD number to be sent to the self-service portal so it can be recorded in that ticket, then both tickets are automatically closed.

We need to prevent events from attaching to these as there can be upwards of 100 per day logged, and on average there are approximately 50 events that are attached to each ticket at the time of creation.  If these tickets are not required as the system is closing the ticket within the same minute, why do they need to attach to the ticket?  I don’t want this to happen if I can prevent it.

So I was wondering if there is a way to stop the events from being added to the ticket, if it has been logged via the self-service portal and is one of those that will be closed in the same minute it is logged.

If you are saying below that it can’t be done without a customisation that’s fine, I just wanted to ask the question.

Thanks,

Kim

• 4.  Re: Create and close ticket without attaching events

Posted May 15, 2018 06:14 AM

Hi Kim.

Thanks for these insights. That makes it much clearer.

So, now I see, that your main pain point is: how to prevent that a bunch of events getting attached to the change order.

Which brings me to the question, what functionality are you using, that these events gets attached to the ticket?

I assume that you are working with Service Types , and I assume, that classic_sla_processing is not installed ?

The  kind of logic, which is used to attach the events in normal circumstances is essential, to find a way to prevent this automatism.

• 5.  Re: Create and close ticket without attaching events

Posted May 15, 2018 05:25 PM

Hi Chi Chen,

It’s not a change order, it’s a request ticket.

All the required events for monitoring the ticket throughout its lifecycle are attached via the Service Type at the time we press Save.  I would just like to know if there is a way where attaching the events can be prevented if the ticket being logged is via the Self-Service portal.

classic_sla_processing is not installed

It seems there isn’t a way to do this without a mod which is not really something we want to consider at this time.

Thanks,

Kim

• 6.  Re: Create and close ticket without attaching events

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 14, 2018 05:39 PM

Kim,

Would the "Quick Close" feature (on the "Quick Profile" screen) provide the functionality you're looking for? It creates a new case with no Priority, so no Events would get attached, and it's closed instantly.