Service Virtualization

• 1.  How to point Lisa Bank to my Virtual service

Posted May 11, 2018 04:54 PM

Hi All,

I am using DevTest 8.0 version and wanted to show demo to one of my client, thus using Lisa bank application available on devtest.

Below is the approach:

Started the demo server.

Emulated backend of lisa bank using Recording. Captured all transactions and deployed in VSE.

Stoped demo server

Now I want to point Lisa bank to my deployed virtual service to check my Virtual service respone, but unable to navigate the path where I can put my host.

Hope understand the scenario

Appreciate your suggestions too on giving demo to clients.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: How to point Lisa Bank to my Virtual service

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 16, 2018 01:46 PM

What  is the hostname were VSE Service is running?  and  What port did you record on ?

Normally, you would point to something like  : http://<VSEServerHost>:<Port>/lisabank.  

Note: You can find the port number in the VSM's listen step.  

• 3.  Re: How to point Lisa Bank to my Virtual service
    Best Answer

Posted May 17, 2018 10:57 AM

Hi Sabir,

You can use Kiosk.bat. Located in <lisa_install_folder>/examples_src/kiosk.bat. This application emulates a Lisa bank ATM. 

If you are running the Lisabank, and VSE in your local machine, basically you have to put localhost:<Virtual_Service_Port>. The VS has to be deployed and the Base Path has to be the same that the Kiosk is using to call the real service. If you have created the service by recording, it is already configured.

Hope it helps.