Gen EDGE

• 1.  ODBC SQL Server Driver

Posted May 14, 2018 01:59 AM

Hello,

I have these problem. How can i fixed the problem. I try to copy to another machine and it's working. but in my machine doesn't working?

amira jabbar

• 2.  Re: ODBC SQL Server Driver

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 14, 2018 06:05 AM

Hi Amira,

what is the Invalid Object: a table or a column, or something else?

If you are targeting a local database, verify databases are the same on both machines.   Look for the invalid object.

Also check if odbc sources on the 2 machines are the same: make sure the default database is set correctly.

Can you execute concerned statement/query  in Sql Server Management Studio? 

Carlo

• 3.  Re: ODBC SQL Server Driver
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 14, 2018 11:48 PM

Hi Amira,

Further to Carlo's suggestion an "Invalid object name" would generally indicate the application is referencing an object name that cannot be found in the database it is connected to.

If the application on the working machine is targeting the same database as your non-working version then it suggests there is some difference in the ODBC Data Source Name (DSN) definition being used on your machine compared to the working machine e.g. on your machine the application is either picking up the wrong DSN or the DSN is not defined for the correct database/userid.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Lynn

• 4.  Re: ODBC SQL Server Driver

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 17, 2018 03:20 AM

Problem can also come if your colleague generates for MS/SQL and you generate for ODBC/ADO.NET. Reserved words are different hence table or column names can also differ.

Christian

• 5.  Re: ODBC SQL Server Driver

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2018 05:57 PM

Hi Amira,

Did you manage to resolve your problem? If yes what was the root cause?

Thanks

Lynn

• 6.  Re: ODBC SQL Server Driver

Posted May 21, 2018 02:50 AM

Hi Lynn,

Yes i manage to resolve the problem. It because the targetting dbms on toolset and odbc driver difference...it should be same..just change on data store list...

by the way, thank for the help and suggestion..

Thank,

Amira