Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

UC112L offline : Windows Agent up or down ?

• 1.  UC112L offline : Windows Agent up or down ?

Posted May 14, 2018 06:23 AM

Can we restart the server and the RegTest Agent from the server ? Indeed, i am trying to restart the agent with the service manager or with the rich application : System Overview -> agents.

On one side, RegTest are off and on other side RegTest are On : this bring a lot confusion.

• 2.  Re: UC112L offline : Windows Agent up or down ?

Posted May 14, 2018 12:53 PM

If you start the Agent via the System Overview --> Agent... (that mean the agent is configured to the Services Manager in the Agent Properties).

So when you start on the overview page but it state that it is already running, it is referring to the process on the services manager already running.

The fact that on the Services Manager side that it is running/green.... but is still gray out on the System Overview just indicate that the process for the agent is active but there may be issues/error that not allowing the Agent to be "active" yet within the AE System/System Overview.  

I would check that window agent TEMP folder and look at the latest logs and see if it stuck/looping on any error... (which it just cycling and repeating but doesn't cause the process to end/stop...).

• 3.  Re: UC112L offline : Windows Agent up or down ?

Posted May 15, 2018 02:52 AM

Hi

small add to Luus post:

I would have a look into the service manager logfile for any occurrences and the agent logfile  -as luu stated.

It seems that the agent process can be started thru SMGR but is not able to connect to the AE.

cheers, Wolfgang

• 4.  Re: UC112L offline : Windows Agent up or down ?

Posted May 15, 2018 05:01 AM

What is process to access to the servers ?

• 5.  Re: UC112L offline : Windows Agent up or down ?

Posted May 15, 2018 05:34 AM

Hi

heres a link to documentation

Automic 

cheers, Wolfgang

• 6.  Re: UC112L offline : Windows Agent up or down ?

Posted May 15, 2018 05:43 AM

Thanks for sharing the documentation.

I was thinking about remoting the servers in case there are no communication between Service Manager and Automation Engine and Agents.

Should i create a ticket to get access servers belong these systems : (IS|UC)112(L|H) ?

• 7.  Re: UC112L offline : Windows Agent up or down ?

Posted May 16, 2018 01:48 PM

You would want to get access to these machine or find someone that does access to it in order to provide you the logs etc.. you would need to proceed with the basic troubleshooting with the logs file.

• 8.  Re: UC112L offline : Windows Agent up or down ?

Posted May 15, 2018 05:58 AM

what is "remoting the servers" ?

I would ceck the mentioned logfiles to find the error.

cheers, Wolfgang

• 9.  Re: UC112L offline : Windows Agent up or down ?

Posted May 15, 2018 06:19 AM

We are using RichApplication or AWA WebApplication or Service Manager to restart remotely the agents. 

If nothing works, am i allow to use RDP to connect to the servers ?

• 10.  Re: UC112L offline : Windows Agent up or down ?

Posted May 15, 2018 06:21 AM

No thats absolutely prohibited!

sorry....

cheers, Wolfgang

• 11.  Re: UC112L offline : Windows Agent up or down ?

Posted May 15, 2018 06:25 AM

ok thanks for your answer. So, if the system is unstable, i should from now on to open a support ticket or post a message in this community ?

• 12.  Re: UC112L offline : Windows Agent up or down ?

Posted May 16, 2018 02:00 PM

If you are Window Remote Desktop to the machine to access the files and such, it is fine if you have access.  As for who to reach out when the system is unstable.... That will be up to you and the level of severity/priority you are setting for your issues.

The Community is always here to give our though and help out on the issues but if this is critical for you and need to be resolved within *** time.  It would probably be best to contact support as they would they have dedicated SLA and staff that work with you (and at time probably look at data that you don't want posting on the community etc..) 

• 13.  Re: UC112L offline : Windows Agent up or down ?

Posted May 15, 2018 06:52 AM

Hi

You could try rebooting (in this order) The Agent's Server, Your PC, Automation Engine Server, DB Server.

If this does not help look for dump files on the AE and DB server and upload them to community, possibly someone can help.

cheers, Wolfgang