Clarity

• 1.  Department Edit Read Only

Posted May 14, 2018 11:54 AM

Can someone please assist with instructions on how to edit a Department when it appears as Read Only……When I click on other departments, I could change the name but not with this one particular Department. Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated. Thx

• 2.  Re: Department Edit Read Only

Posted May 14, 2018 07:53 PM

Hi 

Please check your access rights. You might have instance level Department- Edit rights on the Departments that you are able to edit and not on the one that is Read Only. 

Thanks

Shailey

• 3.  Re: Department Edit Read Only

Posted May 14, 2018 09:14 PM

Can you also confirm where you are doing this.  If you are undertaking via Department OBS it will be read-only, but you should be able to undertake from Home / Organization / Departments.  Though I do acknowledge that you indicate that it appears to be only a small minority which are read-only.

• 4.  Re: Department Edit Read Only

Posted May 14, 2018 09:35 PM

Roland, I am working in Home/Organization/Departments. The first one is one that I can edit. The second is one that I am trying to edit but as you can see, I cant. Ive done this numerous times and this is the first time that I run into this issue.

Roland, I am working in Home/Organization/Departments. The first one is the one that I cant edit. The second is one that I could. Ive done this numerous times and this is the first time that I run into this issue.

• 5.  Re: Department Edit Read Only

Posted May 15, 2018 06:26 AM

If you are having Admin rights in your PPM system then please try giving yourself instance specific rights for that particular department. It is quite easy. Just open your resource record from Administration --> Resources list page. 

I have noted the point that you were able to edit the Department record earlier and that is why I am having a doubt that may there has been some changes in your Access Rights (may be through the User groups that you are a part of). Doing this quick test will confirm if the problem is purely related to Access rights or not. Hope that helps. 

• 6.  Re: Department Edit Read Only

Posted May 22, 2018 11:39 PM

Sorry, can't help, except I do notice from your screen shots that you may be on a very old version of Clarity.  Potentially you may have hit a restriction which may exist in that version.  What version is it?

• 7.  Re: Department Edit Read Only

Posted May 23, 2018 07:37 AM

Roland, it is version 12.0. I know, really old---upgrade is unlikely any time soon. Have to work with what I have. Thx

Respectfully,

Eduardo F. Munoz

IT PMO Project Management

Ryder Systems Inc. 11690 NW 105 Street, Miami, FL 33178

785-320-1181