Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Backup/export the license file

Posted May 15, 2018 01:41 AM

Hello,

I'm using UC4 version 11.2 and Java console interface. How can I export the license file for backup purpose. Please advise.

Regards,

• 2.  Re: Backup/export the license file

Posted May 15, 2018 03:03 AM

Hi

No, you need the license file itself you got from Automic. Usually you can order it from Sales, there is no fee on that.

The only (theoretical) possibility I am aware of would be using DB Unload utility to unload the complete DB structure - or use means of DB backup via oracle/SQL/DB2....

cheers, Wolfgang

• 3.  Re: Backup/export the license file

Posted May 15, 2018 03:32 AM

I already have the license. I just would like to make a backup before applying the new one.

I can see the new license in text form. Do we have any tool to verify if the new licenses are added? I just ordered for 2 windows agent.

Regards,

• 4.  Re: Backup/export the license file
    Best Answer

Posted May 15, 2018 03:56 AM

Hi

Usually you get the .txt file and a PDF for your reference. In the PDF you can check the positions and changes.

Backup only with DB tools - as mentioned.

I would recommend keeping all license files & PDFs from sales.

So in yur case you can keep the old license file (thats already loaded) you received from sales as "backup".

If you do not have your PDF anymore you can use following statement before and after applying the new licence, thats
    more or less the view from System Overview/license:

select * from UC_LIC

cheers, Wolfgang

• 5.  Re: Backup/export the license file

Posted May 15, 2018 12:02 PM

I think it's only the possibility right now.

• 6.  Re: Backup/export the license file

Posted May 15, 2018 12:03 PM

1 thing is, when I apply the license on Test system, all agents got disconnected. I have to restart the agent manually, some of them. This is normal behavior?

• 7.  Re: Backup/export the license file

Posted May 15, 2018 03:19 PM

Hi

Yes.

As soon as the content (amount or position of lines in your licence) changes, you should

* plan a downtime (and shut down AE, load license and start up again)

* be aware that all agents got disconnected

cheers, Wolfgang