Service Virtualization

• 1.  JSON Assertions and Filters are not working

Posted May 15, 2018 06:59 AM

Hi, I have installed new DevTest version 10.2 in my desktop today and could see that JSON assertions & filters not working. Following are the errors, Could someone please help me out.  Attached the full error details.

Filters: 

| Message: Unexpected exception thrown during evaluation of 'JSON Path Filter': Could not initialize class com.jayway.jsonpath.spi.JsonProviderFactory
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Trapped Exception: Could not initialize class com.jayway.jsonpath.spi.JsonProviderFactory
    | Trapped Message: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.jayway.jsonpath.spi.JsonProviderFactory

Assertions:

| Message: Test Execution Stopped due to exception
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Trapped Exception: Could not initialize class com.jayway.jsonpath.spi.JsonProviderFactory
    | Trapped Message: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.jayway.jsonpath.spi.JsonProviderFactory

Attachment(s)

zip
    Error_Assertions.txt.zip   673 B 1 version
    zip
    Error_Filters.txt.zip   832 B 1 version

• 2.  Re: JSON Assertions and Filters are not working

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 15, 2018 09:45 AM

Do you have a sample testcase or Json  that you can attach ?  Are you using  any custom jars ? 

• 3.  Re: JSON Assertions and Filters are not working

Posted May 16, 2018 01:30 AM

Hi Shiney, Thanks for the reply. We are not using any custom jars. I just created a test case and added JSON assertions and Filters. If i run the same test case from portal, JSON assertions and Filters are working fine.

• 4.  Re: JSON Assertions and Filters are not working
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 16, 2018 01:27 PM

Hi Panditi, can you open a ticket with CA support.  please reference this communities post in the description. 

• 5.  Re: JSON Assertions and Filters are not working

Posted May 17, 2018 03:22 AM

Sure Shiney, i will raise a ticket. Thanks.

• 6.  Re: JSON Assertions and Filters are not working

Posted May 17, 2018 07:19 AM

Also, please update the resolution to this ticket here also. In case if we encounter the issue, it will be easy for us to resolve. Thanks

• 7.  Re: JSON Assertions and Filters are not working

Posted Feb 12, 2019 01:00 AM

Hi Abraham,

Would you please update me with the resolution the same error I am getting now where none of the JSON filters or assertions are getting parsed?

Kind Regards,

Chaitanya