DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  CA ASM Noob questions

Posted May 15, 2018 04:35 PM

I am trying to provide input to my JMeter scripts from the ASM Config pages - I have found the "standard" variables:

Host${__property(WMhost)}
    Port${__property(WMport)}
    Path${__property(WMpath)}
    User Name${__property(WMaccount)}
    Password${__property(WMpasswd)}

What field in the config page equates to this property/variable - ${__property(WMpar)} ?

I am looking to get the ASM Name passed in (so something like ${__property(WMname)} perhaps).  Is that possible?

I am also looking for the syntax for the Script Parameter field.  I currently have Q1=test&Q2=fred&Q3=Wilma, but I am not sure that is working correctly.

Is there a way to view/write/email log information so that I can find the source of my ASM failures?  My ASM is failing, but I am not seeing anything obvious and want to make sure that my inputs are coming through and referenced correctly.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated,

Rick

• 2.  Re: CA ASM Noob questions
    Best Answer

Posted May 16, 2018 02:54 PM

OK, dug around and got some answers.

${__property(WMpar)} - this is the Script Parameter field in the configuration pages.  However you can also do this:
    Q1="test"&Q2="fred"&Q3="Wilma" (which consequently answers my syntax question - I had proper syntax but not quotation usage).  I had "cleaned" up my Script Parameter for public consumption.  I did have some spaces in my syntax and had used ' (single tick) to enclose, however that doesn't work you need to use the " (double tick) marks. 

I am still looking around for an answer to passing the ASM Name and viewing some sort of trail for failed monitors.  Tagging to the log trail would be to actually see the web pages that the ASM traversed.

Rick