CA Client Automation

• 1.  atualizar itcm nos servidores com sistema operacional red hat 7.4

Posted May 16, 2018 01:40 PM

Hi, we are updating itcm 12.5 to 14.2 on linux servers red hat 7.4, deinstallation 12.5 is being done through the command lsm -e ca-dsm, but one of the servers did not recognize this command. I need to delete the itcm processes that are running on the server with Red Hat 7.4, to try to install itcm 14.2. and I could not identify them.
    Would anyone know how to list all itcm 12.5 processes running on redhat 7.4?

Here is the procedure applied in updating itcm 12.5 to 14.2 on the servers we were able to upgrade:

we applied the lsm -e ca-dsm command, version 12.5 removed, we updated the .i686 packages in redhat 7.4, we updated ca-sm-install in the agent folder, am_agent, basichwinver and ccs, we execute DSM_IGNORE_PREREQ = YES and export DSM_IGNORE_PREREQ, log files have been excluded. We applied the ./installdsm command, the update for itcm 14.2 was completed successfully.

• 2.  Re: atualizar itcm nos servidores com sistema operacional red hat 7.4

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 21, 2018 08:51 AM

Hi, 

This has ended up in the IT Asset Manager section of the community, but it sounds like you're talking about CA Client Automation - is that correct? You'll find that product here:

CA Client Automation 

Thanks

Iain

• 3.  Re: atualizar itcm nos servidores com sistema operacional red hat 7.4
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 23, 2018 07:59 AM

Hello,

With following command you could see the ITCM running process :

ps -ef | grep -v grep | grep $CA_ITRM_BASEDIR 

Example :

lsm command is located under /usr/bin and uses directory $CASHCOMP/installer (ex: /opt/CA/SharedComponents/installer).

If file /usr/bin/lsm and/or directory $CASHCOMP/installer, you could copy these files/directories from a Linux machine which is still in version 12.5

Thanks.

Regards,

Jean-Yves