CA Service Management

• 1.  Not able to archive and purge data

Posted May 17, 2018 03:03 AM

Hi all,

We are not able to archive and purge data, when we try to archive data it shows "archive is started" but no file are generated, also no any error log is captured in log file. Please help.

• 2.  Re: Not able to archive and purge data

Posted May 17, 2018 10:18 AM

Hi Mandar,

Maybe the 'Root Directory for Archive Files' that is set in Administration -> Archive and Purge -> Archive and Purge Settings is incorrect. Please verify this and also try using $NX_ROOT/site/data/archive (or similar) instead of using the full path (i.e: C:\PROGRA~1\CA\SERVIC~1\site\data\archive). Hope this helps. 

Thanks, 

Mike 

• 3.  Re: Not able to archive and purge data

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 17, 2018 04:32 PM

Mandar, when you run the rule do you see something in stdlog saying the rule already started? Thanks _Chi

• 4.  Re: Not able to archive and purge data
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 18, 2018 04:19 AM

Hi Mandar,

I wonder if the explanation in the following knowledge article could help:

Document ID: KB000035428

Title: The Archive and Purge rules did not run. When I use Run Now, I receive the message: Attempt to start a second archive and purge process for the rule. Abort the new process. How can I get the rules to run?

Direct Link: https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/The-Archive-and-Purge-rules-did-not-run-When-I-use-Run-Now-I-receive-the-message-Attempt-to-start-a-second-archive-and-purge-process-for-the-rule-Abort-the-new-process-How-can-I-get-the-rules-to-run/KB000035428

Regards,

Karen

• 5.  Re: Not able to archive and purge data

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2018 08:18 AM

Mandar.........

Are you still having issues with using the Archive/Purge feature in CA Service Desk Manager?