DX Unified Infrastructure Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Require configuration of disk state (or) disk operational state to generate an alert when the disk fails or goes down

• 1.  Require configuration of disk state (or) disk operational state to generate an alert when the disk fails or goes down

Posted May 17, 2018 03:18 AM

Hi,

This is on behalf of my customer, what is required is the configuration of disk state (or) disk operational state to generate an alert when the disk fails or goes down. We are not able to understand what value should be configured in the alarm configuration to generate the alarm. Have tried with the common configuration of !=1 and !=0 but both of them results in false alerts. Could someone please suggest the value for this kind of configuration.

Reference link:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/ga/en/alphabetical-probe-articles/clariion-clariion-monitoring/clariion-metrics

• 2.  Re: Require configuration of disk state (or) disk operational state to generate an alert when the disk fails or goes down
    Best Answer

Posted May 17, 2018 05:39 PM

Hamza

metric page has: Disk State     -     String

as a 'string' it will be text instead of a number.

looking at a sample output file

C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\probes\storage\clariion\output\...._getall_-array_...txt

it shows: SP A State:                 Present

so try != Present

• 3.  Re: Require configuration of disk state (or) disk operational state to generate an alert when the disk fails or goes down

Posted May 18, 2018 12:53 AM

Hi David,

I see, thank you, learning for me.

Best Regards,

Hamza

• 4.  Re: Require configuration of disk state (or) disk operational state to generate an alert when the disk fails or goes down

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 21, 2018 01:22 AM

Hi, Hamza.

If you want "Disk State" alert, you might want to configure as follows.

[Unit] String
    [Operator] !=
    [Threshold] Enabled