DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  CA APM with Bizagi

Posted May 17, 2018 04:52 PM

Hello Pals,

I am doing a PoC in a client that has Bizagi, the agent is showing every layer of Bizagi in the Investigator, however, Investigator shows a node called PageInfoTracer; on the other hand, Frontends node does not present information from the agent, although ASP.NET node shows information.

The log of the agent has the following error message a lot:

5/17/18 09:36:37 AM GMT-05 [ERROR] [IntroscopeAgent.PageInfoTracer] An error occurred while formatting ASP metrics: System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
       at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)
       at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Url()
       at com.wily.introscope.agent.trace.asp.hc2.PageInfoTracer.populateParams(InvocationData data, IModuleFeedbackChannel feedback)

I am using CA APM 10.7 to MOM, but I am using agent 9.6, following the APM Compatibility Guide.

If someone has faced and resolved this kind of problem, I appreciate a lot a help.

Thanks,

Henry.

• 2.  Re: CA APM with Bizagi
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 17, 2018 09:28 PM

Hi Henry,

APM 9.6 is quite an old version and has reached EOS on the 15th of January 2018.

We recommend you to consider using a later version.

Having said that, here's some troubleshooting checkpoints which may help:

.NET Agent installation problems - Checklist - CA Knowledge 

Thanks,

Aryne

• 3.  Re: CA APM with Bizagi

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2018 06:24 PM

Hi Henry,

Are you perhaps using 9.6 .NET Agent to be compatible with .NET v2? (9.7 + later versions ended .NET v2 support).

If you need further help on this I would suggest to create a support case so we can review agent logs etc in more detail:

https://comm.support.ca.com/csupport/CaseManagement/cases/new 

Thanks

Lynn

• 4.  Re: CA APM with Bizagi

Posted May 20, 2018 06:44 PM

Hi Lynn,

That is right, the client has Bizagi with .NET v2, I opened a case but the answer from CA Support was that CA does not attend any more the version 9.6 of the agent.

How can I request this matter to ca support to get a positive answer from them?.

I hope to hear from you asap.

Henry.

• 5.  Re: CA APM with Bizagi

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2018 07:01 PM

Hi Henry,

Apologies I misled you. It is correct that support could not help because I forgot that 9.6 ended support on January 15 this year: CA APM Release and Support Lifecycle Dates - CA Technologies 

I am not sure how we can now help because you cannot upgrade due to the .NET V2 support restriction.

I will see what else I can find on some internal searches for the symptoms you reported.

Regards,

Lynn