Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  RAFTP Agent Group not active

Posted May 17, 2018 12:00 PM

I am building a new RAFTP agent server to act as high availability in 11.2.  It is configured and active in Client 0.  It has R,W,E privs on test client.

I am trying to create an agent group with my old host and the new host.  Platform = CIT, Solution = FTPAGENT, Mode=Any.  Added Host 1 and Host 2.  I run simulation and it switches between hosts.

I create a JOBS RA setting Host = new host group.  When I go to the Ftp tab to pick a connection, I get "The Agent is either not running or the Agent has not been selected in the Attributes tab".  On the bottom left the light is red with "HOSTG.RAFTP.AGENTS is not an active Agent".  In the Attributes tab, if I switch the host to host 1 it works.  If I switch to host 2 it works, but the group gets the error.

I've gone through the Rapid Automation guide and the User guide about agent groups and find nothing about this type of error.

Is there a setting I am missing to allow the single working hosts to work as a group?

Thanks#

• 2.  Re: RAFTP Agent Group not active
    Best Answer

Posted May 17, 2018 12:10 PM

This is the behavior that has always been around with the RA Agents. I just select a real agent when I make my modifications and then flip it back to Agent group when I save. Not ideal at all but I do not believe there is a way around it. So naturally I'm very curious in the responses to this issue as well.

• 3.  Re: RAFTP Agent Group not active

Posted May 17, 2018 12:33 PM

An Agentgroup is a Container which is not resolved when you edit a Job object. This is the reason the FTP tab is not working. Use the solution provided by Michael.

Thomas

• 4.  Re: RAFTP Agent Group not active

Posted May 17, 2018 12:51 PM

Thanks, that works.