I need to integrate the 2 platforms.
From service desk side, I will use PAM and PPM webservices.
How can I implement this from itens that begins in PPM and need to be created in SDM.
I can use also PAM to do it?
Am sorry, I checked and did not find any documentation regarding the same. May be you can contact CA Services for the same. But engaging CA Services will be chargeable.
This is a pretty broad question, and as Abhisek noted this may require some broader consulting. But to narrow the question down somewhat, what level of integration are you looking at:
- An IT Service at an overall Service level originating in CA PPM (e.g. Host Storage for the enterprise) - which would be an investment in CA PPM
- An instance of an IT Service originating in CA PPM (e.g. a SIT Test Environment being spun up for a limited period of time), which may be tied into the Service Catalogue - which could also be an investment or tasks underneath a Project investment being used to represent an instance of a Service
- Registration of an Change, Request, Incident, Problem, Event.... there are other categories. Could be Tasks, but could also be incidents in CA PPM
Then based on this, what is the purpose of the integration:
- IT Portfolio Management and Prioritisation
- Comprehensive Resource Management across both the Service (Operations) and Project / Change (Development) parts of your portfolio
- Accounting for Incident management (based on Service Desk tickets or triggered from the Service Management systems themselves).
- Or all of the above?
The answers to the questions (and more) will determine the level of integration that you would require, and also what data sits in which side of the integration. Hence the reason why Abhisek could not find any documentation because the answer is not a one-size fits all response.
Hope this helps, and it looks like you already have some thinking behind what you want on either side of the fence.
Retrieving data ...