Clarity

• 1.  How can I create processes for different OBS resources?

Posted May 17, 2018 12:53 PM

Hello Everybody!

Currently in my organization we are trying to upload other areas to PPM whose processes 

are related to currently registered projects, so I think the best option is to keep them
    in the same partition? (correct me if I'm wrong).

I have thought of an OBS structure on the areas in the following way:

After making this structure, I started assigning resources to the OBS I generated.

In order not to impact with the processes that are currently in Clarity, I thought about creating processes that are initialized in automatic according to the OBS of the resource, however I do not find the solution.

For which I would like to know if it is feasible what I'm thinking about making this distribution in PPM and how you can customize the processes according to the resource that activates it. Otherwise, please, I would appreciate it if you can suggest the most appropriate way to deal with this issue.

Consideration:

-All areas send to eachother task and projects.

I was seeing that the use of partitions is completely independent one view of another so I did not see it as viable or if it can?

I hope your great support with my doubt

Thank you,

• 2.  Re: How can I create processes for different OBS resources?

Posted May 17, 2018 01:29 PM

If your processes are using GEL script then you could make the script to check the OBS unit association of the user (resource) before starting the real part of the process and if not the just skip the execution.

• 3.  Re: How can I create processes for different OBS resources?

Posted May 17, 2018 01:45 PM

Hi Urmas, 

Currently you do not have a GEL script so I would understand that it would not be advisable to do this type of execution. Please, is there another way to do this?

• 4.  Re: How can I create processes for different OBS resources?

Posted May 17, 2018 02:01 PM

How about creating a separate process for each OBS Branch involved?

•   Say you have six OBS branches and each needs a different approval process

•   Create six versions of the approval process

•   Then grant access rights to resources, either by OBS or Groups, to start the process that is appropriate for their branch/group

What do think?  Will that work for you?

Dale

• 5.  Re: How can I create processes for different OBS resources?

Posted May 17, 2018 02:48 PM

Hi Dale, 

I try to add OBS in process but system show me the following message: 

Why could be it?

Regards, 

• 6.  Re: How can I create processes for different OBS resources?

Posted May 17, 2018 03:04 PM

Are your resources attached to any OBS units? If not you need to attach them.

There is something more to it.

Try attaching the processes as well to the same OBS.

That was not correct.

You need to define the OBS to be used for rights, then they will show up and have the Resource object associated.

• 7.  Re: How can I create processes for different OBS resources?

Posted May 17, 2018 03:20 PM

Are you talking about this?

I´m doing my best

• 8.  Re: How can I create processes for different OBS resources?

Posted May 17, 2018 03:34 PM

See the edits in my previous reply. When you have the OBS used for access rights and associated with the Object you can proceed.

You can associate the individual resources with the OBS units later.

• 9.  Re: How can I create processes for different OBS resources?

Posted May 17, 2018 02:02 PM

You can give OBS units the right to processes. Then resources that are associated to that OBS unit have those rights.

Note that usually resources are associated with one unit only in an OBS so that limits its use.

• 10.  Re: How can I create processes for different OBS resources?

Posted May 17, 2018 02:05 PM

I commented separately on different process for each OBS, using process start rights to then select the appropriate process.

Regarding partitions – stay away from them.  Primary reason is that they are not a part of the new UX – any effort you spend to develop partitions will be wasted.  There are other reasons to avoid partitions if you can, but the primary reason should be sufficient to stay away:  Partitions are history.

Dale