Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all

How to create a dashboard based on Portfolio AND capabilities AND features AND User Stories/Defects to have Test Cases view?

• 1.  How to create a dashboard based on Portfolio AND capabilities AND features AND User Stories/Defects to have Test Cases view?

Posted May 17, 2018 02:47 PM

I have a portfolio (say, P1739) which consists of 9 Capabilities. About 65 Features have been covered by these 9 capabilities. 
    Around 400+ user stories/defects are part of 65 Features.

I want to set a dashboard or view to have the list of all these Test Cases. Please help me to configure this in an easy way.

• 2.  Re: How to create a dashboard based on Portfolio AND capabilities AND features AND User Stories/Defects to have Test Cases view?
    Best Answer

Posted May 18, 2018 06:10 AM

Nagendra,

I don't think you can do the same thing for this as you did previously.  Test Cases can belong to User Stories or Defects, so they have a 'WorkProduct' Field.  Only User Stories can be part of a Feature, so you cannot do a query like: ( WorkProduct.Feature.FormattedID = F1 ) because WorkProduct is not allowed in the query because the Feature can only have User Stories.

You can do the same query as before to get the User Stories and then add the Test Cases Column in the Custom List for a more visual representation that they are available.

Since Defects cannot be assigned to Features, you would not be able to do it, but if you are looking for Defects assigned to User Stories, you can set up another Custom List and use:

( Requirement.Feature.Parent.Parent.FormattedID = P1739 )

Maybe someone else has a thought.

Michael