Symantec Access Management

• 1.  Multiple set-cookie for SMSESSION

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 18, 2018 11:15 AM
      |   view attached

I discovered a strange situation causing me some trouble in managing the application logout.

Sometime (not always) when the user selects the logout page, he gets in  the response 2 set-cookie commands:

- the first is setting the value LOGGEDOFF

- the second is setting a new cookie value;

as a result the browser set the second value and the session remains still valid.

Any idea about this behavior?

Any possible configuration to check?

• 2.  Re: Multiple set-cookie for SMSESSION

Posted May 18, 2018 12:10 PM

Are we sure the logout URL is considered / configured to be an UNPROTECTED resource ?

Did we check the Trace log to see what the trace logging states.

• 3.  Re: Multiple set-cookie for SMSESSION

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 18, 2018 12:15 PM

Dennis,

well, the protected realm is /area-riservata and the logout url is inside it (/area-riservata/logout).

For this reason I defined a realm specifically for the logout url and defined it as unprotected. 

do you think it could not be enough?

• 4.  Re: Multiple set-cookie for SMSESSION

Posted May 18, 2018 12:20 PM

The logoutURI is defined as a ACO parameter configuration. So WebAgent decides that it needs to logout the Cookie. But when WebAgent communicates with Policy Server to check for /area-riservata/logout it may be thinking otherwise. I see you have defined a realm to unprotect /area-riservata/logout. Hence I requested to check the WebAgent trace log. The trace log would have the info.

Also could we test using setting IgnoreURL=/area-riservata/logout in the Agent Configuration Object (In addition to LogoffURI=/area-riservata/logout). See if this resolves OR changes the behavior. That way the WebAgent won't ask the Policy Server for /area-riservata/logout; whether is it protected OR not. 

• 5.  Re: Multiple set-cookie for SMSESSION

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 18, 2018 12:53 PM

Good point. 

I set it and I will check if it occurs again.

• 6.  Re: Multiple set-cookie for SMSESSION

Posted May 18, 2018 01:16 PM
    If I am not mistaken, url specified in LogOffUri ACO is implicitly unprotected. 

Also, there is no way same webagent will set double SMSESSION cookie for the same request.

99.99% of the time I have seen this happening is when there are multiple webagents involved. Say a frontend (proxy) and the backend webagent. So good to check logs from both.

• 7.  Re: Multiple set-cookie for SMSESSION
    Best Answer

Posted May 21, 2018 12:51 AM

Are you using CA Access Gateway 12.7/12.7 SP1 ?

I just noticed the following defect fixed in 12.7 SP2

Defects Fixed in 12.7.02 - CA Single Sign-On - 12.7 - CA Technologies Documentation 

DE323842

CA Access Gateway sends two SMSESSION cookies to backend server.

• 8.  Re: Multiple set-cookie for SMSESSION

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 21, 2018 02:42 AM

I'm not using a CA Access Gateway, but I have Policy server at that version.

I'm checking your previous suggestion. I will analyze further this point if the problem persists.